Just Another Stupid Conversion (lots of pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good mate,i made one out of one of those cabnets i picked up from an op shop,i took out the shelf above the doors though,but could also make a good under floor hide

That was my idea too but decided it would be too much effort to make another set of doors for the bottom section. Plus it's good for hiding the thermo and electrical stuff

None for the time being. I tested it in another enclosure and especially with the weather cooling down, this setup doesn't get hot enough to be a problem and the cool areas pretty much don't go above ambient at all. The only time I'll have to think about it will be during summer when it's over 30° ambient and then I'll probably just chuck one of those small ebay ones in (or hopefully my homemade multi-enclosure uni project will be ready for use by then)

Awesome, man that looks wicked! I'd liek to be able to build something like that oneday. I like how you have the heat panel on 1 shelf and then have tiles above it to create another one.. best idea!

Where did you find the Crommelin's? I've called the local bunnings and mitre 10 and have two other places to call tomorrow and I still can't find it. =( I'll use the Bondall Pondtite if I need to, but I actually prefer the PondSeal you used.

Hm, realised in hindsight that CALLING Bunnings to ask if they have it was pretty dumb. Not like anyone who works there has a clue what they stock. =) I'll pop into my local store tomorrow and check myself. Thanks!

Are the shower drains stainless steel or painted chrome?

I rang bunnings they have them but the prices range from $10-%50 lol

What are yours saximus? They look good, not too bothered if theyre stainless steel or not, was just curious.

thanks.

They are stainless I'm pretty sure. They were a bit expensive at about $12 each but there's only two of them.

It's a 40W panel. I need to get my *** into gear and test out how well it heats in this enclosure. It works perfectly in my larger enclosure to just create a basking spot while leaving the rest at about ambient though

Have you done anymore work on it? Updated photo's if so please? I am getting a unit myself and since you posted your thread i have had some of those idea's running through my own head since then.

yeah bunnings sucks for not stocking pondtite anymore but when i went into bunnings they had a big rack of it at the time if i had of had more cash i would bought several buckets of clear and black haha i no il use it at some stage for something thats for sure

Check out the 'non bunnings' hardware places, most will happily order it in for you if you ask.

Am i the only one a little amused at the fact that we can tell others where to find things at Bunnings ( including which aisle and what else is in that aisle) but the majority of the staff just scratch their heads and chew their gum and shrug their shoulders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back