Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be one of my worst nightmares - losing my pride and joy to some thieving scum. I've heard horror stories before, and many of them. The smartest thing to do is to install a good security system with a mechanism by which you can sound the alarm by pressing a button or a certain trigger in the house. My grandmother has one, and it gives her much peace of mind.

I find that if people come to my house I am very protective of the stuff inside, and I often get suspicious of people, especially if they don't know me well, so I always hesitate to let them see. I normally refuse strangers, unless they're offering to provide assistance (as in helping me get my snakes to start feeding again). I'm very generous with offering help myself, so if there is anything I can do I will try, but I have no idea who the local people are where you live, I'm sure there are a few louts around who might have some idea to sell what they stole from you, but there is always the chance they knew what they were looking for and the person who stole them had everything in mind before they committed this atrocious act.

That would be one of my worst nightmares - losing my pride and joy to some thieving scum. I've heard horror stories before, and many of them. The smartest thing to do is to install a good security system with a mechanism by which you can sound the alarm by pressing a button or a certain trigger in the house. My grandmother has one, and it gives her much peace of mind.

I find that if people come to my house I am very protective of the stuff inside, and I often get suspicious of people, especially if they don't know me well, so I always hesitate to let them see. I normally refuse strangers, unless they're offering to provide assistance (as in helping me get my snakes to start feeding again). I'm very generous with offering help myself, so if there is anything I can do I will try, but I have no idea who the local people are where you live, I'm sure there are a few louts around who might have some idea to sell what they stole from you, but there is always the chance they knew what they were looking for and the person who stole them had everything in mind before they committed this atrocious act.

I would be very careful about letting people you dont know come over and help with your Womas, they are top shelf animals and you would be seen as an easy target

Very sorry to hear about this, I have a dog, security system, cams and keep a baseball bat by the bed, can never be too careful.. Caught someone stealing my wrx back in 02 was not a fun experience

Very sorry to hear about this, I have a dog, security system, cams and keep a baseball bat by the bed, can never be too careful.. Caught someone stealing my wrx back in 02 was not a fun experience
be careful with the bat i had a mate who lived in a pretty bad part of town he woke up to someone climbing through his window and cracked him with the bat next thing you know my mates sitting in juvy with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges and the other guy in hospital

So far I know they were in the florest at the south Windsor shops the other day, trying to sell the jewelry they stole.

Sounds like you could be getting closer, I really hope so. Good luck with it.

Good Luck Mate!, they are lucky it wasnt my house they were in!, or they would be the ones waiting to be fed in a cage!, Hope you find your roughie!

All these people saying "lucky it wasnt my house, I would kill them" are kidding themselves, just about anyone can be robbed, and there is always someone scarier than you, particularly Ice head jail birds who have just got out after lifting weights in Longbay for the last 5-10 years

So far I know they were in the florest at the south Windsor shops the other day, trying to sell the jewelry they stole.

Trying to hock your jewelery off at a florist?? :? They obviously are not too smart, ive never seen anything other then flowers & flower arrangements sold at a florist......or maybe i just need to look harder! Either way, i really hope you get some good news soon.......anything more come from the 'poster' who seen the snake for sale sign?

Trying to hock your jewelery off at a florist?? :? They obviously are not too smart, ive never seen anything other then flowers & flower arrangements sold at a florist......or maybe i just need to look harder! Either way, i really hope you get some good news soon.......anything more come from the 'poster' who seen the snake for sale sign?

It was a "snake found" ad, I called the guy, but it was a big bredli and he took it to wires.

It was a "snake found" ad, I called the guy, but it was a big bredli and he took it to wires.

Might be worth checking with WIRES, wouldn't be the first time a snake was called "big" and an RSP was called a bredli.

All these people saying "lucky it wasnt my house, I would kill them" are kidding themselves, just about anyone can be robbed, and there is always someone scarier than you, particularly Ice head jail birds who have just got out after lifting weights in Longbay for the last 5-10 years

Very true. About a month ago, i was home alone and brought my dogs inside with me. Sitting there watching tv, i hear my back gate creak. I look over and see a guy at my back door all dressed in black, now i am a pretty small bloke ( noone has ever believed that i am older than 16 lol ) So i jump up and in my hand is the knife i was sitting there cutting an apple with, he legged it and me in hot pursuit ( i was scared ****less but multiplied by 10 was his scare level with an arab with a knife running after him ( LOL) he got to the back fence and with one leap over he went( I was literally less than half his size and there was noway i can get over that fence). Cops had closed off my area in about 6 minutes exactly. He never got caught even with 2 police dogs running around my block ( He obviously had a car waiting on the road and was out of there in a flash) because the dog lost his trail on my back fence. Later i realised that what i did was pretty stupid because this guy could have broken me in half with one blow as he was huge, but due to fear mixed with surprise that was my reaction. And i guess if anyone violated my house and family i would probably due it again which is what you are warned NEVER to do( go after the robber with a weapon). The cops were pretty surprised when i opened the door standing there with the knife still clutched tightly in my hand( They wouldnt come in until i put it down lool )

Last edited:

but whos to say that the people saying that arnt ice head jail birds who love snakes lol takes all types mate :)

I got a tipoff the other day, from a guy who knows the kids that robbed me.
He said it's wrong to steal someones pet and thats why he was helping me out.

He told me both the kids names and showed me where the main one lives, he also told me, this kid had sold my python to someone at the other end of Windsor (near the fish hatchery, for people that know the area) for $150 and it's being kept in a glass tank. He showed me the house the snake is apparently at now. He also said there Bikie associated.

Today I told the police and they did a door nock at the place we believe Roudy is being kept. A woman answered the door claiming to know nothing about it and let the police in to check for any reptiles, they found nothing, but they only checked the main house, there are lots of little buildings on the property. The police left a flyer I had made, with photos and my number to call if they hear anything or (if they have it) to deal with me without police.

True story. We got burgled in Cairns and I found the burgler hiding in the bathroom. OOPS!
He came out holding my 6" filleting knife I had sharpened earlier to a razor blade standard.
I wasn't arguing with him at that point and the only thing in reach to hit him with was a pillow!

He was substance affected and I managed to dive through a door and get away. Cops found him 1/2 hour later. Released from jail that morning after 8 years for violent assults. He'd been pumping iron all that time and was not a pretty sight!

Getting closer RSPcrazy...Goodluck mate fingers xd for you. Did you tell the cops about the main suspect's house? Any ideas if they dig into it?

I told the police everything, they already know the kid that robbed me, but they said the only way they can get him for it, is if the guy that tipped me off, gives a statement (no chance, I tried) or if they get something from fingerprints (going to take a couple of months) or security footage (should have that in a week).

Couple of months for fingerprints? Damn are they serious? I never knew it to be that long...I am about to start my Policing course soon :)

Couple of months for fingerprints? Damn are they serious? I never knew it to be that long...I am about to start my Policing course soon :)

I was originally told 4-6 weeks if there backed up, but today I was told a couple of months. Crazy isn't it. They said they had to check the prints through the whole system, to see if there related to any other crimes, I don't see why they can't just check them with this suspects prints first, that way they can get him before he robs someone else (which my informant has told me, he already has since robbing me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back