Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yer I think a lot of reptiles look cute and look awsome, but they just dont interest me for some reason unless they are wild ones, because its a challenge to find them, see them in there natural habitat, photograph them etc

Ryan maybe thats it. Maybe you don't want to keep them. Pursue a career where you can interact with the wild ones and enjoy the challenges of studying wild fellows. Ask Hazzard? His job is tracking lacies - how cool is that. I couldn't do it - if you come with me you'd never see anything. I never find anything when I have gone out bushbashing.

IMO Herping is much more rewarding as well, my collection has decrease to only a few lizards now so I have the freedom to go on field trips when I can. Having captives is still a great experience though, you can often learn just as much about their behaviour from observing them in captivity than in the wild (particularly about reproduction). But in the nature you always have the advantage of seeing something new rather than the same old species and animals every day.

Keeping reptiles isnt boring, seeing them in the wild is alot more exiting.

:DI dont think its boring....i mean, no it not the most thrilling of hobbies...but it definately isn't boring. My beadie, Smurf, is very active and i love watching him (so does my cat...lol)

I would have to say that since i've had Steve the Beardie we have had more visitors and friends "just pop over" than i can remember!
Workmates and people on the phone always ask Hows Steve, whats Steve been up to?
before asking how we are...
Doesn't say much us does it?

Doesn't say much ABOUT us does it? (is what i meant).

I would have to say that since i've had Steve the Beardie we have had more visitors and friends "just pop over" than i can remember!
Workmates and people on the phone always ask Hows Steve, whats Steve been up to?
Doesn't say much about us does it?

Lol... Since my snakes arrived I don't have ANY visitors... No Jehovah Witnesses, family (which are headaches!!) or friends. I now have a PEACEFUL castle!!! Lol... Sorry, no I don't... All my daughters's friends want to have a sleep over, because they want to hold or feed the snakes, but most of the parents won't allow it!!!! Phew!!

Wild Storm I don't have as many visitors come now, because of the snakes. Even though they are securely in their enclosures and I don't get them out, they still won't come. My hubby's Aunt is that scared of them, mention the word snake and she screams and trembles so she won't be back. When she was here that one time, I happened to be feeding my snakes and got bitten. She got up and went home. One of my friends is phobic also but I don't want her not to come round. So I have to remove photos from the walls and tell her the snakes have been moved out to a friend's house for the night - but all I do is cover them over. For our BBQ couple weeks back we told her we didn't have them. Covered their enclosures with blankets and lights off and put my little clothes horse and heaps of washing around in the corner - made it look like just a mess corner. So long as nobody mentioned them, she was fine and stayed all night.

Doesn't say much us does it?

Happened to me when i had kids also :eek:)

I also happening now that i have a beardie also :?

i love my beardie. I don't get to appreciate it or watch it as much as i'd like cuz it's in the garage but i go in there several times a day to check on it and see what part of the enclosure it's at and yeah .. i enjoy watching it.

Bluey's on the other hand they burry themselves in their bedding like falconboy said and sometimes you can't even tell they are there.

Get the angry one out of the lawn though have chase him/her as it tries to get away. That's not boring.

Having a wild one sneak up on you in the garage while you're feeding your two in their enclosure isn't boring either..

Can see your point though. I want to get a python but kinda figure anything that you can keep in a click-clak isn't going to be that entertaining.

Is that why you're selling your bredli's ryan ?

But hey, if you don't want yours you can send me a PM and I will give you my address so you can send all your snakes up to me!!! I will take them off your hands for you free of charge. Lol!!

Back off buddy, theyre mine!!!!!!!:evil::p

One of my snakes prowls her enclosure relentlessly waiting for someone to take her out. She tries to climb the glass to get to the lid but it is too tall for her and she falls over. We take her out for a stretch and let her use some energy, then put her back and she roams again till she decides to have a lie down. It is very entertaining.

I get great satisfaction raising reptiles from hatchies. I Have never been interested in buying adults as I don't think you get the same satisfaction knowing it wasn't you who raised them. It is also satisfying when you have a raised a healthy animal. A cat or a dog in captivity with some food and water available can basically look after itself but without constant temp, humidity and UV survelliance as well as food and water supplies a reptile in captivity stands no chance and therefor raising a healthy reptile is very satisfying.

I get great satisfaction raising reptiles from hatchies. I Have never been interested in buying adults as I don't think you get the same satisfaction knowing it wasn't you who raised them. It is also satisfying when you have a raised a healthy animal. A cat or a dog in captivity with some food and water available can basically look after itself but without constant temp, humidity and UV survelliance as well as food and water supplies a reptile in captivity stands no chance and therefor raising a healthy reptile is very satisfying.

well put...i agree...personal satisfaction! ;)

I dont find keeping my pet snake boring at all ive only had him for a few weeks i may get bored but ive always been into reptiles.... if you never look or handle your snake and only ever pay attention to it when its feeding maybe you should sell your snakes? whats the point in having something if you dont like it or look at it? its like having a lamberghini covered up in the shed and never drive it (i told me uncle he should have given it to me but nooo)

Im not shore how said it (im not botherd to look through 7 pages of posts) but what do you expect them to do get up and dance and there better than most cats all my cat dose is eat sleep and crap oh and come cry to me at 4am when he get beet up by another cat and needs to go to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back