Keeping Snakes In Bedrooms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDALDD

Reaction score
G'day all!

I'm soon going to be acquiring my first snakey and as it is for the moment its click clack will be kept in my room. I've read up on how the bass from a sub woofer can mess with snakes so I'll keep my sub low. My question is, I'm sometimes up and about at completely random hours. Does the light being on/off affect snakes at all? If I'm up at 1am with the light on, will that affect the snake in terms of it knowing when night/day is etc?

Thanks for any responses.

I have a red light on mine, so even if my bedroom lights on all night, it cant tell, and still seems like night to the snake

I sleep with mine, but im just weird.

Attachments

• woma bed.jpg
    woma bed.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 206
lol, that's pretty awesome andy

thanks for the responses guys

yeh it doesnt seem to effect them atall. we are moving at the moment and we have over 15 snakes just in our bedroom lol

cant wait to move!!.......:rolleyes:lol

Na Andy's a clean freak ....hehe. Nice set up ;)

EDIT...Couldn't stand having any reptiles in my room, the heat! The light (depending) etc..

I have all my retiles in my room and the lighting from their enclosures drive me crazy, my coastals uv light is on a timer so hers is right but the basking light in the blue tongues enclosure keeps me up even with it covered.
I never thought about whether the lighting at odd hours would affect them, great question

I have all my retiles in my room and the lighting from their enclosures drive me crazy, my coastals uv light is on a timer so hers is right but the basking light in the blue tongues enclosure keeps me up even with it covered.
I never thought about whether the lighting at odd hours would affect them, great question

How come you have the lights on at night? Are we supposed to do that :shock: What have I missed!

How come you have the lights on at night? Are we supposed to do that :shock: What have I missed!
No, lights on blue tongues or any lizard (except gecko's) is actually bad.. especially if its a red light

I have midnight lamps for heat, set to a thermostate, they run 24/7. Even when on arnt bright enough to keep me awake.
The UV light is set on a timer to run 12 hours day time.

I just cover my snakes click clack over when it gets dark and uncover it in the morning, seems to work fine =P.

Beautiful enclosures andyscott!

DDALDD, our Bredli is in our room, and we just have a dark sheet to throw over the enclosure if we are in there at night with the lights on. We aren't really strict with covering her up, and she doesn't seem to mind much one way or the other if the cover is on or off. Although tonight I peeked under the sheet to see what she was up to and she was pushing at the door of the enclosure as hard as she could (lucky it's secure!) As soon as she realised I was there she did her "I'm a stick" impression, and I swear if she could whistle, she would have!

lol, jessb, that sounds endearing. i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back