Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Reaction score
just like to share with u's some pic's i got last night. the brown tree snake i found him on the highway around 10 last night an the coastal i found crossing a side road that gos to a beach off the highway.

Very similar to some of the coastals i get where i am with the very northern type head pattern being very jungle like, as well as the exact same coloured bts,a nice orange colour and the regualar bts also but no night tigers.Are there any night tigers up that way or a bit further North iceman?Cool pics!!!

BROWNS said:
Very similar to some of the coastals i get where i am with the very northern type head pattern being very jungle like, as well as the exact same coloured bts,a nice orange colour and the regualar bts also but no night tigers.Are there any night tigers up that way or a bit further North iceman?Cool pics!!!

Nice pic's Iceman.

Browns, it's interesting the head pattern being similar to jungles, the only difference seems to be that the skull and cross bones on jungles seems to be all black, where as this snake has black edging and brown in fill.

Where about's did you find it Iceman? What general location?

Neil

if your looking for night tigers, browns you'll have to go all the way up to Cape York.

this is a striking example of wath I'm referring to my thread "To everyone involved with carpets".
Nice pics Luke
Cheers
Stefano

You'll find night tigers much further south than Cape York,they're all through the tablelands and around Cairns etc too and i'm sure even further South a bit.

And Yeah Neil,jungles head paterns tend to be all lack but if you also compare the head pattern on this Townsville coastal it is joined at the neck unlike that of a jungle which is usually always seperated and a shape of a Turtle can sometimes be seen,i can dig up a pic if anyone wants to show what i mean..

Tableands is absolutely thick with them ,you'd be very unlucky not to see one on any given night up ther.

browns- but r the night tigers as good looking as the one found in the cape york area? i'd like to see what u mean browns, show us the pic.

From the one's i've seen they vary quite a bit, i owned one with nice red bands about 12 years ago and seen some stunners up the Tablelands although have never been right up the Top of the Cape and have no pics for comparison although i'm sure someone on here does.

Here's a pic of a local coastals head showing still the skull and crossbone type head pattern not quite as strong as the Townsville carpet but see where it is joined at the neck as opposed to the gap in the neck in the jungle pic below.....

2004_0118rkillcarpet0103.jpg

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0132.jpg

I hope you can see what i mean?

The only what I would call true fusca, not irregularus, that Ive seen in the wild tend to be west of the table lands towards MT Surprise and west.

I see what you mean Browns, have you found this to be visable on other McDowelli in area's other than your own?
Is this area at the back of the head joined on the coastal you took pic's of Iceman?

Neil

This is a fairly typical Cairns one, although a bit of a scrubber.
Cnv0049.jpg

Cnv0050.jpg

TrueBlue said:
The only what I would call true fusca, not irregularus, that Ive seen in the wild tend to be west of the table lands towards MT Surprise and west.
I had a night tiger from near normanton TB,ive had diamonds from an area near wollongong with no dots on the head just the classic skull and cross bones,one was juv and one was a male adult from the same locality which was rainforest.Also had a carpet from near grafton with the pattern,its just a thing that turns up in spilota IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back