Legal Drinking Age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my partner is allergic to the rubbish in smokes. It also costs us tax payers more money than it brings in and its dame right disgusting

We can't even go to the shops with out walking through people who have no care for others. We went to a national park to walk and look at all the beautiful sites and what do we see scatted all over the ground smoke butts. I feel sorry for all the fish and small animals that accidentally eat the buts when grazing, Then there are the smokers who think its ok to just throw there butts out the window witch can and dose start fires witch can and dose kill wild life. I can keep going on but not going to wast my time as most smokers (not all) don't really give to hoots about the people around them

How do you figure it costs more than it brings in?
Do you know what the profit of tobacco companies are? they are absolutely astronomical amounts.

We can't even go to the shops with out walking through people who have no care for others

Small mindedness like this comment get me really annoyed, You don't own the streets and smoking outside is not a crime.
I bet your one of those people that do the whole fake cough bit when you walk past a smoker.:rolleyes:

im to lazy to type and cant spelll but booze wins hands down at stuffing up so many peoples lives in all sorts of ways think about it

Haven't you heard of "smoke drivers" the ones that go and smoke 5 cigarettes an hour,get in to a car and kill innocent bystanders.

Also smoke makes many people come home and abuse their family
:rolleyes:

I'm with you, Alcohol destroys more innocent lives than tobacco ever will

whats the point of changing it from 18 to 21? will only make more under-age drinking. theres already kids of 12 and 13 drinking. also if you increase the drinking age to 21 do you them increase the voting age or the age that kids become adults?

Personally, I think we should leave the drinking age how it is and focus more on illicit drugs.
I'm really sick of so many people I know dropping out of school because drugs are better. Really ****s me off.
This kid at my school when we were in Year 10 was in advanced maths and science, getting A's in both. He was also really popular and played a lot of sports and stuff. Then he started doing drugs, I dunno what happened to him but he left school that year, haven't heard from him since then. Nobody I know has been effected anywhere near that by alcohol.
Not exactly true
Alcohol cost the health and legal system more than all the drugs put together it also has the highest death rate

Not exactly true
Alcohol cost the health and legal system more than all the drugs put together it also has the highest death rate

Yeah but drugs mess people up a lot more. People don't become paranoid schizophrenics from one drink, but can from one hit of acid.

whats the point of changing it from 18 to 21? will only make more under-age drinking. theres already kids of 12 and 13 drinking. also if you increase the drinking age to 21 do you them increase the voting age or the age that kids become adults?
At least there would less irresponsible teens able to buy it for them

Yeah but drugs mess people up a lot more. People don't become paranoid schizophrenics from one drink, but can from one hit of acid.
But acid is hardly a wide spread problem through out our community's is it

How do you figure it costs more than it brings in?
Do you know what the profit of tobacco companies are? they are absolutely astronomical amounts.

Small mindedness like this comment get me really annoyed, You don't own the streets and smoking outside is not a crime.
I bet your one of those people that do the whole fake cough bit when you walk past a smoker.:rolleyes:

Mate don't try and think you no me. I smoked for over 10 years! Your right I don't own the streets but neither do you.

Mindedness comment hey?? Its comments like that that really get me annoyed!!

Raising the age limit will do nothing. They're all on meth anyway.
I suggest lowering the legal age to 8. It'll help Darwinism to a massive extent.

Dont get me wrong i hate the probs that drugs cause too but alcohol is a bigger issue
look at the statistics

Mate don't try and think you no me. I smoked for over 10 years! Your right I don't own the streets but neither do you.

Mindedness comment hey?? Its comments like that that really get me annoyed!!

Sorry meant to be Mindless.

I pay taxes so I am entitled to smoke where permitted...if you don't like it stay inside

Sorry meant to be Mindless.

I pay taxes so I am entitled to smoke where permitted...if you don't like it stay inside

Hmmm Look at that... You just proved my point about most (not all) smokers have no courtesy or respect for other people around them

Any way this is about drinking so lets not get this thread closed

At least there would less irresponsible teens able to buy it for them
dont forget about the legal aged parent or older bother or sister that buys the grog for these under-aged drinkers. raising the age to 21 will only penalise the responsible 18, 19, 20 year olds. theres a legal speed limit and people break that law, just as some people will break every law and rule thats ever made. these under-age kids that are drinking know that their not old enough to drink and still do it, so how will raising the legal drinking age from 18 to 21 stop them?

Actually, I reckon we should head back to prohibition.
It's the only solution to a massive problem. Alcohol is the root of all evil, and making it all illegal will benefit society massively.
Taxes will rise, but that's the trade-off.

But acid is hardly a wide spread problem through out our community's is it

I think you have your head buried in the sand, I know more people that do illegal drugs than legal ones like alcohol (yes alcohol is a drug)
And it's not because of the crowd I hang out with, I don't mix with those losers.

dosnt bother me i look like im over 18 so i dont mind :D

Since when did that matter? maybe back in the 1970's when no one had ID
I'm 19 and look older but I cant buy alcohol without my drivers license

Mhmm I wish the legal age had been 21 when I started uni, so half of the idiots at uni may not have been drunk on field trips, one particular week long field trip in particular. It just ****** everyone else off so much, particularly when we all want to go home and they make the bus driver stop at damn pubs!

The majority of older teens/younger adults (e.g. 16-30) really piss me off to be honest. It's all about the booze, it's all about parties, who gives a stuff who's in the way, and they aren't considerate. Multiple people (well, actually, the majority) in my year at uni fit this description...

I know you can get hold of booze illegally, but its still somewhat more difficult than if it was legal for anyone to buy over the counter. It'd also perhaps be better increasing the age to get your licence too, how many hotheads go out, get their licence and then hoon around in their skylines and the like? I know a lot of teens and younger drivers are sensible, but for those who aren't, they're a threat to how many lives...

I'd be supporting the 21 year age cut off....

That would ruin Uni Bar..... :cry:

It'll be more **** they'll be pushing up hill. One thing will change, there will be a huge increase of underaged drinkers. The legal drinking age was 18 when I started drinking at 13-14. There are a few things that will happen. If you can still go to clubs at 18 but can't drink it will increase drug use or will make the 18-21yr olds drink themselves stupid before they go out - more drunks on the street before the clubs. If they cannot go to clubs until they are 21 it will put more people in the parks or on the street walking around drunk. Laws don't stop idiots.

It'll be more **** they'll be pushing up hill. One thing will change, there will be a huge increase of underaged drinkers. The legal drinking age was 18 when I started drinking at 13-14. There are a few things that will happen. If you can still go to clubs at 18 but can't drink it will increase drug use or will make the 18-21yr olds drink themselves stupid before they go out - more drunks on the street before the clubs. If they cannot go to clubs until they are 21 it will put more people in the parks or on the street walking around drunk. Laws don't stop idiots.

Maybe not, but it will put the idiots out in the open where they will eventually be caught!!!!! And all I ask here, is, where are the parents??????? The caring ones who are SUPPOSED TO CARE????????????

Definately need to move it to 21!!
Drinking is so much more fun when your underage, as soon as your 18 the whole idea goes Phhhhlllllppp Pop.... Boring.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back