Legal Drinking Age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahaha Id say so jason, and yer if your already 18, you are in the clear....

im only 16, and it wont make a difference, boos are easy to get. and i no stacks of people my age who get into night clubs and pubs....... where there's a will there's a way

exactly... just like cigarettes... Some people, many on this site I'm sure, cannot do without smoking, drinking and gambling.... none of which do a great deal of good for society as a whole.

Again I completely agree.

And I am a smoker. It goes against all reason to produce millions of packets of cigarettes and then make ad campaigns which cost millions of dollars to try to get them to quit:?

Ban both alcohol and tobacco I reckon...I may be homicidal in the first few days but it's for the greater good :p:lol:

Again I completely agree.

And I am a smoker. It goes against all reason to produce millions of packets of cigarettes and then make ad campaigns which cost millions of dollars to try to get them to quit:?

Ban both alcohol and tobacco I reckon...I may be homicidal in the first few days but it's for the greater good :p:lol:

haha, I know alot of smokers, and not many of them wished they still smoked... but they all still do...

I don't like it, but that's only cause I turned 18 about a week ago, and like having the freedom to know if I want to drink I can.

But I don't drink much so I doubt it will bother me.

The funny thing is, I wanted to and did, drink more before I turned 18 than I do now.

in my opinion, it would make underage drinking worse. people tend to think that it's cool because there not meant to be doing it. if it was 21, meh, cant see it doing much

Anyhow, would love to talk further on this subject, but I'm grabbing a cold Corona out of the fridge and walking down to the local before the race is run... later ;)

If they do move the age up to 21 it isn't gonna stop people under that age from drinking but this isn't gonna effect me since im not gonna drink at all in my life, i have better things to do then wast my time and money on alcohol .
Thanks Tim.

If they do move the age up to 21 it isn't gonna stop people under that age from drinking but this isn't gonna effect me since im not gonna drink at all in my life, i have better things to do then wast my time and money on alcohol .
Thanks Tim.

I hope you stick with that.
But I can't say I think you will, I said that once. So did a number of my friends that drink.

Mhmm I wish the legal age had been 21 when I started uni, so half of the idiots at uni may not have been drunk on field trips, one particular week long field trip in particular. It just ****** everyone else off so much, particularly when we all want to go home and they make the bus driver stop at damn pubs!

The majority of older teens/younger adults (e.g. 16-30) really piss me off to be honest. It's all about the booze, it's all about parties, who gives a stuff who's in the way, and they aren't considerate. Multiple people (well, actually, the majority) in my year at uni fit this description...

I know you can get hold of booze illegally, but its still somewhat more difficult than if it was legal for anyone to buy over the counter. It'd also perhaps be better increasing the age to get your licence too, how many hotheads go out, get their licence and then hoon around in their skylines and the like? I know a lot of teens and younger drivers are sensible, but for those who aren't, they're a threat to how many lives...

I'd be supporting the 21 year age cut off....

Thanks Tim.

You won't be saying that when your 18, filthy rotten drunk and getting a lap dance from a girl named "greg" only to wake up in the morning and not remember a thing:p;)

Making the drinking age 21 I feel is a good idea.

It should save lives and trauma cases at hospitals.

People should be more mature 3 years later and handle their alcohol better, but I would like to see some stats that back that up.

Mhmm I wish the legal age had been 21 when I started uni, so half of the idiots at uni may not have been drunk on field trips, one particular week long field trip in particular. It just ****** everyone else off so much, particularly when we all want to go home and they make the bus driver stop at damn pubs!

The majority of older teens/younger adults (e.g. 16-30) really piss me off to be honest. It's all about the booze, it's all about parties, who gives a stuff who's in the way, and they aren't considerate. Multiple people (well, actually, the majority) in my year at uni fit this description...

I know you can get hold of booze illegally, but its still somewhat more difficult than if it was legal for anyone to buy over the counter. It'd also perhaps be better increasing the age to get your licence too, how many hotheads go out, get their licence and then hoon around in their skylines and the like? I know a lot of teens and younger drivers are sensible, but for those who aren't, they're a threat to how many lives...

I'd be supporting the 21 year age cut off....

Have you named that stick that lives in your butt?:lol:

it sounds like a good idea, but just like now, underage drinkers are getting alcohol from 18 year old + and even parents so it wouldnt make a diff as the 21 year olds would turn into the suppliers

I hope you stick with that.
But I can't say I think you will, I said that once. So did a number of my friends that drink.

At the same time, some people don't. Quite a few are a bit more sensible and don't see the reasoning behind getting drunk (why would you want to? you don't remember anything, it makes you sick and gives you a headache? It's also really expensive, so whats the point?) and others simply don't like the taste of alcohol. Personally, I hate being out of control and have never gotten drunk, or even had more than 1 standard drink.

At the same time, some people don't. Quite a few are a bit more sensible and don't see the reasoning behind getting drunk (why would you want to? you don't remember anything, it makes you sick and gives you a headache? It's also really expensive, so whats the point?) and others simply don't like the taste of alcohol. Personally, I hate being out of control and have never gotten drunk, or even had more than 1 standard drink.

Cause it's fun?
You only live once, why live it not doing fun things because there's a risk?
I'd prefer to live my life while I'm young, before I settle down with a job and family. Since we only get one chance.
Plus the fact that I'm really shy unless I've had a drink or two.

Valid point Elapid, I do get your point of view (from your other replies). I know everyone will always be divided on topics like this, and they'd never actually change it anyway.

Some people like to get drunk etc, others don't... The only thing I'd like is if the people who like alcohol would just behave more reasonably. I don't so much think its actually about the alcohol, more the maturity level of the people involved.. and I don't think the alcohol helps! lol :lol:

Naledge, I understand that you live once, and are only young once.. but why do you need alcohol? To me, alcohol just wastes your younger years, because you spend a lot of it sick and a lot of it you don't even remember. I'm shy as all hell as well, but I don't drink. And I suppose a lot will now say that I never have fun, what do you define as fun? I'd rather go looking for wildlife, going for a bushwalk, going to places like crystal creek/paluma to climb and swim. I know you may disagree, but I just think there's better things to spend your time and money on. From the sound of it, you only drink a few so you're a bit less shy? I rekon that type of drinking could be good, because it opens you up and gets you out, yet you can still remember the night and the fun you had...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back