Live Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha true words horsy. hundreds of animals (inc reptiles) get killed everyday so just keep it in mind. sorry on the other hand tan i didnt meant to be inhumane i just want to be fair.
cheers

Lol. Get over it. Your little rants aren't going to stop people feeding live if they want to. It's no different from crickets or feeder fish, worms or crustations. it's all live. Some feel pain different but they all feel at least some pain.
It's called nature. Millions of animals die everyday in the hands of a predator. it's life.

RSPCA might not think so, I would be careful about what you say. I'm sure plenty at the RSPCA care more about a cuddly little mouse then a snake.

damn straight to the above horsy and armband posts, insects or mammals, its live either way but i've never had people stand up for the insects. i;m kind of over the rants that go on here, damn shame for such a handy site

Gonna sick the RSPCA on me? Go ahead. They allow it to happen. If they didn't, my petshop as well as the hundreds of others out there wouldn't be allowed to sell feeder mice. But guess what? We are.

its true wat horsy says its either the mouse gets killed with an injection (that could take up to 2mins) or it can be constricted (which takes seconds for a small mouse).

Where are you getting your info from, there not killed by an injection!!!!!

Yes but in captivity when the option of being humane is available we as responsible pet owners should use this option. As far as I'm concerned, you have a lot of growing up to do and you shouldn't be giving illinformed advice to others, especially considering last night you were worried because your snake was drinking:rolleyes: . I am continuing this no further with you as my desire to argue with a teenager is nil.
Please explore other options of feeding your animal, and leave the live feeding as a last resort.

This ones going to be a corker!:D

listen to this... if your parents see a snake/mouse/spider/rat ect in the house wat do they do?? normally they kill it (i have seen many people kill rats/mice because of intrusion into their house). my sister also got bitten by a rat and almost died so im not very fond of rodents..

its true wat horsy says its either the mouse gets killed with an injection (that could take up to 2mins) or it can be constricted (which takes seconds for a small mouse).

Are you serious? You can purchase frozen rodents that have been killed humanely with no pain whatsoever. Compared to being stalked/chased around a cage, bitten by hundreds of razor sharp teeth, then slowly being crushed to death whilst at the same time being unable to breath. I know which way i'd rather die, and being the decent human being i am, i give mice the same respect i would like to receive if i were a mouse.

yeh i also use to work at an pet store the supplies we got from frozen mice were all injected (seriouse). you could also see the mark on pinkies

Haha. Yes because I approach all my reptile customers saying "Are you interested in feeding live, Sir?" We prefer frozen over live but if they request live, we sell it to them. I think you are acting like the immature one. It's a mouse. Millions of people set out poisons and traps that cause the animal more suffering 90% of the time. Instead of the mouse dying of poison or sitting in a trap with a broken back/neck, it's suffocated quickly and digested.

Gonna sick the RSPCA on me? Go ahead. They allow it to happen. If they didn't, my petshop as well as the hundreds of others out there wouldn't be allowed to sell feeder mice. But guess what? We are.

I'm not going to get anyone on to you. Selling feeder mice doesnt mean they get eaten live, I'm pretty sure it's only legal if as a last resort which if in that case I don't have a problem with. Plus by your other thread its obvious your petshop doesn't care much for regulations and animal welfare.

How on e

....oh look. My belly button

Are they feeder mice or are they to be sold as pets? Or to start your own rodent farm?
Even if they are feeders they should be killed before being fed to your snake.

There are laws protecting mammals for a very good reason. I can't believe you clowns are comparing a mouse to a cricket! :rolleyes:

We have 4 mice tanks. Three are pets (male, female, baby) and one is a feeder tank.

Haha. Yes because I approach all my reptile customers saying "Are you interested in feeding live, Sir?" We prefer frozen over live but if they request live, we sell it to them. I think you are acting like the immature one. It's a mouse. Millions of people set out poisons and traps that cause the animal more suffering 90% of the time. Instead of the mouse dying of poison or sitting in a trap with a broken back/neck, it's suffocated quickly and digested.

so true! i would opt for snake death then want happen to the ones who eat baits, that's so nasty. as a kid i used to breed mice so i do have a level of affection for them and i understand the animals rights side, but i've seen snakes that basically strave themselves till they get live so short of force feeding i agree with live feeds. there's two side to the agurment so each to their own, get over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back