Live Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as a last resort, not for amusement

feeder mice (mice that doesn't get baught by anyone and just stays in the petstore for weeks) if that happened we would sell it to anyone even snake owners

yeh not for amusment i wont watch it its just the snake only ate live ones so i drop it in and then go watch tv or do somethin else... im not a mean/dirty person that u think i am

as much as i like rodents i like snakes much more and if my snake only ate live mice ill give him one every 3/4 months or so..

It's alright Armand. Do whatever you want. It's your snake, your money, your life. Ignore them. These people are blinded. Don't worry about their judgement or comments. Do what you think is best for the snake, whether that be live or frozen. It's no one's choice but your own.

a feeding mouse is wat we called it (a mouse that got rejected by everyone and then gets given away to someone that feeds it to their snake)

Sure its nature, but your snake isn't wild. It is your responsibility to look after your snake, and feeding live can be harmful in many ways. The prey will be dead either way when it gets eaten, but how it dies is what makes the difference.

Snakes have no other way to get food in the wild but to kill it first, but as a captive "pet" there are better options available, and they prey dies humanely. I haven't owned lizards so i am not sure about crickets, but I am sure that fish and worms won't harm their predators if they are put in a tank together. Mice and rats on the other hand are equipped with claws and teeth that can cause significant damage if they aren't killed instantly, and it does happen.

-Penny

sometimes we get ones from people who completely ignore their mice and they're basically wild, they bite and carry on with poeple. so what else can we do with them? it's food or paying the vet to gas them which isn't as cheap as you would think espically when you're talking about something you paid $1 or something for

yeh as a said earlier my frend that owned a diamond only fed it live mice and he taught me a way that it does get bitten.. his snake didnt ever get bitten (he had it for 11 years). but i guess its true wat u say about how it dies. i prob wont even get a live mouse.

but I am sure that fish and worms won't harm their predators

Think again! We had a blue dolphin in with a few zebras the other day. One of the guys put the Blue Dolphin in there by mistake. He's about 5 times bigger than the alrgest of zebras. Went to eat one and BAM! We had to rescue the blue dolphin from the zebras. The boy got a bloody whopping for that one.

were you feeding the zebras to the blue dolphin? no. it wasnt being fed, it was being attacked. if you were feeding the blue dolphin i would imagine that, if zebras were its food source, that it would be offered one at a time, so that it wouldnt be a threat. That would be a responsible way of feeding.

I also disagree with Armand's feeding ritual of "dropping it in and going to watch tv" because thats when damage can be done. you should watch that your snake properly eats it's food, to prevent any complications.

-Penny

It wasn't put in there to feast on the zebras but that didn't stop it from trying, causing the zebras to retaliate and defend themselves.

And even one zebra on it's own could take out the Blue Dolphin. Zebras are an extremely aggressive fish.

^lol^ some feeder fish are vicious espeically when they give us barbs species as feeders, the amount of walking fish that have had the fluff nibbled off their gills it scary

horsy i expected more from you, i sent you your snake for $50.00 and trusted you to pay the rest which you didn't, and i can tell you i'll never sell you another snake because you think it's great to feed live mice, i also hope every other breeder that reads this thread also won't sell you wood_nymph or armand any reptiles

i hope the mods lock this thread but turn it into a sticky so every reptile breeder can read what you 3 idiots have said,

Oh don't give me this crap. I paid you all your money, I even confirmed it with you, and I'm not saying it's great to feed live mice. I'm just not against it and don't believe it's fair to go around and degrade people for what they choose to do.

Oh and by the way; I don't want another snake from you. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back