Looking back with a smile!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Looking back with a smile!!!

lol 23? Geez you are ancient!! hehehe When are you moving into the retirement village?

They're so old I guess they fart dust!

Or is it dry dreams and wet farts?

'74 for me and nothin was better than leaving your pushie up on the river bank while you and your mates bombed in the river from the highest branches you could climb to.

'61 for me, yes they were good times and I am very concerned what the future will bring for our two.
I agree with Browns about the level of education now too, how many times do we read posts on here that are barely understandable ? This latest 'craze' for abbreviating everything to the point were it is impossible to know what the original word is ****s me to tears.
I'll just get my coat ? :)

74 for me. As i grew up in ' the Druitt ' there was no leaving push bikes around or they would magically dissappear, no wandering around at night unless you wanted to get bashed, i never carried money so i coulnt have it taken from me after getting belted. School was crap as if you had half a brain you would be singled out and again belted. Our nearest creek was the stormwater drain, and the waterworld had razor blades appearing at the bottom of the slides too often for me to dare go on them.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Looking back with a smile!!!

moosenoose said:
lol 23? Geez you are ancient!! hehehe When are you moving into the retirement village? :lol:

Seriously it feels that way sometimes!!! Hard to believe I know. :)

74 for me. As i grew up in ' the Druitt ' there was no leaving push bikes around or they would magically dissappear, no wandering around at night unless you wanted to get bashed, i never carried money so i coulnt have it taken from me after getting belted. School was crap as if you had half a brain you would be singled out and again belted. Our nearest creek was the stormwater drain, and the waterworld had razor blades appearing at the bottom of the slides too often for me to dare go on them.

Mt Druitt hasn't changed much then. Not long ago a guy was wandering around the streets there dazed... mainly because he had an axe buried in the back of his head.... :shock:

Cant believe the age of you old dinosaurs!!! Its your fault slatey for keeping all these old people languishing in their decrepid misery.Fair dinkum youll have to racc them all off to the APS nursing home. :lol:

1965 for me.This something i dont recomend, but me Dad used to let me stand up in the front seat while we would play skidding around the corners.
He would get hung for doing that these days.
Tourett

Yeah back in the good ole days in Nunawading, Vic. we kids would disappear all day and just muck around and play in the good old "King Street Bush" for hours on end. Used to put pennies on the railway tracks, cos we were told the trains would crash. :lol: We would also ride our pushies up to the Yarra River at Warrandyte, from Nunawading. Also up to Ringwood Lake to go yabbying with the old string and meat.

Used to put pennies on the railway tracks, cos we were told the trains would crash.
No different today except that the kids have worked out how to really do it!!!
Why on earth would anyone yearn for the past? Have we really forgotten Disentry :)

does anyone remember 'mulligrubs'! lol man i remember being baby sat and watching this anoing mouth on screen singing 'mulligrubs me, mulligrubs you.. lol man i still have nightmares..

Magpie said:
Does anyone remember the TV show "The Magic Boomerang"?

No, but our TV never had a remote control.
Our first computer used a tape deck to store programs.

Actually The Magic Boomerang was my brother's (12 years older than me) favourate show. I prefered the original version of Superman, Batman, Flipper, Skippy, and I cried when Bob Dyer's BP Pick-A-Box went off the air.

Cheers,
Wombat.

tourett said:
1965 for me.This something i dont recomend, but me Dad used to let me stand up in the front seat while we would play skidding around the corners.
He would get hung for doing that these days.
Tourett

I remember being allowed to ride in the back of the ute. Of course, This was all before commodores and their drivers, heehee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back