Looking back with a smile!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: :)

Teasherman I cant believe u remembered the whole song! I could remember the start and seeing those damn lips but thats it. But to remember the whole damn thing! THATS GOLD!

"Thunderbirds are go" anyone remember the bushy eyebrowed puppets? I rem when firecracker cracker night still existed, we used to let off crackers held in our hands, build huge bonfires in the paddock.................ahh, youth is wasted on kids!
Things have changed alright, but I suppose thats the case for every generation. my kids will reminsce about today and my grandkids will laugh at em! :D

Re: RE: Looking back with a smile!!!

ssssnakeman said:
i used to wake up to early bird show.. come home from school to see three stooges at 4.00.. sat morning we had hey hey,two nights a week the family would get together for number 96,,lashings of benny hill and get smart,,,cartoons like superchicken and tom slick,,gigantor,,marineboy...etc etc,,,memories,lol :roll:

'63 for me too.

You forgot the Super Flying Fun Show, Astroboy, Banana Splits, Cool McCool, Shazam, Frankenstein Junior, the Impossibles, the Herculoids, King Leonardo, the original Star Trek, Space 1999, Mission impossible, UFO, Gilligan's Island, Adventure Island, the Justice League of America, HR Pufnstuf, Family Affair, Bellbird, Matlock Police, Cop Shop etc.

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Looking back with a smile!!!

Nah, don't remember seeing it - school prolly didn't have one. If I did see it I don't remember it. But my Dad built a plastic model of the rocket with the Lunar module on top - he had that sitting on top of the TV for some months. Then I think it got broken and we put a pair of turtles on the TV - they came with a crappy little plastic tank/dish that had a little island with plastic trees on it and a ramp. B&W TV, no remote, and aerials folding out of the back. Or one of those gold hoizontal spiral aerials. Those were the days!!!

And not a microwave in sight!

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Looking back with a smile!!!

"One buck worth of hot chips with sauce please!!!" "no worries little matey"

(note: chips were wrapped in newspaper and the sauce was free!!!!! )

Gumdrops??? what the?

I remember it more like,

the goodies, goodie goodie yum yum!

A Chockwedge for 8 cents and an icypole for 5 cents. :D

Cheers,
Wombat.

'70 was my yr. I remember selling petrol in my oldmans servo when I was 14/15 at about 40 odd cents a litre. And that was back when there was driveway service, not self serve like it is today.

And going to the corner shop with 20cents to buy some lollies and coming home with 20 lollies. Space invaders was only 20cents a go, not $2 like the games are today.

Great post Al, well done.

I'm a 76 baby and grew up in a newly developed suburb in the back blocks of Perth with (shock horror) NO tv. We had tracts of crown land next door and an oval just 'down the street'. We played cricket and tennis at the front of our house, took off in the morning with sangers for lunch and entertained ourselves all day making jumps, building cubbies the size of the taj mahal, playing cops and robbers and tadpoling in the open storm water drain at the back of the house. My first job was at a service station pumping petrol and flogging off litre bottles of oil. We used to collect glass 1 litre bottles, take them to the deli and get the refund on them to buy 1c and 2c lollies or packets of 'fags' (the lolly variety).

Cheers, Rach

Shame on you Greebs, some 'Goodies' fan!, you forgot "Eckythump'!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back