Macro photo Stick insects

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a phobia of stick insects..

i dont know, just the ones that look like sticks scare me seems unatural

Wait till a breeze hit them, then they sway like crazy! And slap u with their back legs if you get too close....
Cute.

very nice, i keep the green form, one of my girls made me bleed from the spines on her legs when she started going off, got well over 1000 eggs, going to have fun when they start hatching lol

Neat! I want them to turn green already, as you can tell there is rose in there, as i read they change colour with what their eating.
I have never bled from them. Do you know why she has 2 huge spikes coming from inside the tail. They look like stingers, but they dont sting. Do they?
I havnt got any eggs yet. As far as ive seen anyways

i believe those spines help direct the eggs when they eject them. I think they have to be very early instar to have food have an affect on color. The ones i have i believe are genetic green as there were both green and brown on the same plant but i will find out when my eggs begin to hatch in a year or 2

Ok cool, my partner was a little weirded out by the spines.
Have you got any piks of the green ones?

yea, i'll put them up tomorrow, off to bed now. Dont actually have any live phasmids right now just about 3000-4000 eggs of 3 different species.

i have a phobia of stick insects..

i with you on that
one jumped on my face off the roof when i was looking at it when i was 6 and i get scared when i see one on a wall or roof now :|

going to have fun when they start hatching lol
They're SO CUTE when they're little!
We realised some of our eggs had hatched in the tank when we found some little baby ones on the curtains on the other side of the room... *blush*

Edit: And they're also cute when they're adults... Thanks for sharing! :)

Here's one I saw near Cairns.
DSC_0331.jpg

No shortage of them up this way. I once had a spiny leaf insect jump on me whilst hanging out the washing.

Cnv0309.jpg

I hate stick insects too, along with prayingmantis's the way they move is strange and they look un natural. My girlfriend has a spiny leaf and it was on her head and fell and as it was falling it tried to grab her lip and it bled like crazy.

The piks are neat! Never seen any like that, looks like a actual stick. I want one..............

The piks are neat! Never seen any like that, looks like a actual stick. I want one..............

I have heaps of eggs from the tesselated stick insect, they are a clasic stick type phasmid. Hopefully they will hatch this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back