Macro photo Stick insects

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I wish i could turn into one with wings, then terrorise the town. Bwahaha.
My house is covered in werewolfs and doggy creatures, etc.

Hey Hornet, you know how you said just incubate at room temp and nothing extra, do you think that would still be OK in Canberra's cooler climate and lower humidity? I have hundreds of eggs, couldn't decide whether i should put them in my reptile incubator (30C, a bit too warm i thought), in a sealed tub for humidity or just sitting in the room, that can get a bit cold over winter.

what do you think?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

they sell them in pet shops, but i don't really trust them to be legal

they sell them in WA petstores? mayb the laws only relate to arachnids, see what CALM say.

anguskennedy: you could heat them to 20c if you wished, they would hatch without heating but will take longer than in a warmer climate

you need to incubate them in something like a chinese container filled with peat or spagnum moss with a mesh lid. Let the substrate dry in between waterings but most of the time there will be enough humidity.

Let me know if anyone decides to sell some bugs........

my wife has some , it took under a year for about 13 to hatch so far only thing she does is mist the enclosure everyday in summer and cuts it back to about 3 times a week in winter

this is one of them eating

[video=youtube;AkEJIZZv9qA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEJIZZv9qA[/video]

Cool, cool. I miss my old Bird eating spider, the stick bugs sortof fill the emptyness.

cool hornet i wouldn't mind getting some stick bugs what sort of setup do you need for them

Something that will hold plants, and preferably a gauze/flyscreen material for air flow.

Station, did you put the music in the backround your self? what was it do you remember? i love all of that relaxing type of music

Station, did you put the music in the backround your self? what was it do you remember? i love all of that relaxing type of music

hey it's noni (station's mrs) i made that vid and the music was an american indian flute thing i found on limewire :)

here's a few pics of our babies - they are about 15mm long and are still dark brown like ants (and they run like crazy)

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.