Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahha, I just read this from start to finish. :p
Mel, make sure you take pics of the BHP and Stimson enclosures when they're done! Now you've got me interested. :)

It's looking great Mel, can't wait too see it when it's finished!

1 BHP enclosure nearly finished, 1 Stimmie house in the planning, you've only got 1 Bredli, 1 spotted, 2 Darwin and 5 coastal houses to complete and you'll have a full set,

then the beardies will protest for a new place too.......... if you want a hand planning them, you know where we are. :p:p :lol:

1 BHP and 1 Stimmie enclosure are all that I'm doing. The rest of them can just put up with the painted back wall of the enclosure. I love them, but two fake backgrounds are quite enough for me

I think you may be suffering short term memory loss...... dont you remember saying this a week ago. on the final stretch of the BHP enclosure :) :)

Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all very much for your help. It's been greatly appreciated. This project has been ever so much fun and I'M NEVER DOING IT AGAIN!!!! Thank you for listening

Yeh had all that for a while. I'll try and convince the boy to move the tank into the house tonight. I've got the sand for the bottom, and am in the process of making a hide for her. Not one out of styrofoam though lol. Got a ceramic pot that I'm trying to paint. Would have loved to have half an urn in there, to keep with the greek theme, but they were very expensive.

Seal terra-cotta pots with the same sealer you used for the background, inside and outside. If you don't you'll wind up with a constant smell of snake pee in the tank. :) and a ceramic pot will need some sort of bonding agent for the paint to stick properly.
Are you still having fun? PMSL

Did you style the arches completely with the expandafoam ???

No, the arches are just styrofoam boxes with expandafoam inside to give them strength.
Jax, I don't seem to be having any trouble with the paint on the ceramic, but I'll definitely seal it. I use ceramic dishes for my lizards at work, and if they're not cleaned regularly, they absolutely STINK!

glad you're not having issues with the paint..

....... are you still having FUN :evil: :p

Here you go Mel, a theme for one of your Darwins....
tropical-beach-wallpaper-1920x1200.jpg

find a bamboo citronella flare from the local discount shop, take the citronella can out, stick in a fake broadleaf plant and you have yourself a palm tree.... now if only you could find a Bali hut ! !
*runs off laughing into the sunset*

Not even going to consider it Jax. Like I said, They can just make do with the painted interior walls! Although I really can't wait to see what you're cooking up in that devious brain of yours :)

Pics are coming. We've had an issue getting the enclosure into the house. It's quite large, and apparently takes more then 2 people to lift haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back