Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PMSL been there, done that..... mine was 1800 high, 1200 wide, 750 deep...... i knew i should have married a body builder..........

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips on what to use to glue styrofoam to background?
What to use to glue multiple layers of styrofoam together?

I see a lot of people use expandafoam...pros and cons?

What's ur preference

Cheers

liquid nails works well for both foam to foam and foam to enclosure.
I only use expanda foam as a last resort when filling gaps in the foam, for me its more hassle than its worth, expandafoam seems to keep expanding for a long time after it should have stopped. which i find annoying when you spend ages cutting it flush only to come back the next day to find out it has grown some more.
Usually i will just cut foam offcuts and glue and push into the hole, once you start covering it with the grout/cement mix it cant be seen,

Yep I used liquid nails for everything, and will never use expanda-foam again if I can help it.
Yay I found some leaves and I think I'll even have enough to do everything I need to. Plus, it only cost me $3 from the Bundy markets! Although I did have to decimate two rather hideous christmas decorations to get said leaves :)

Ooh ooh ooh guess what! YAY
003.jpg002.jpg005.jpg
pencil.png

008.jpg

oo wow that looks great and those vines are perfect :D i cant wait to see it with the picture in it :D

Oh well done. I bet the Man Of the House like his new 'doghouse' you've certainly made it appealing for him and its a perfect fit too.

Seriously though, great job the two of you, putting the fella in there certainly gives a better sense of the size, (unless he is a hobbit),

Now i'll wait for the next project, who gets to test fit the stimmie enclosure ? :p

Haha probably I will be the one testing the stimmie enclosure, cause he won't fit haha. Yeh we're pretty happy with it, just got to figure out how to get the vines to STAY now. Only attached them with blu-tak last night, to get an idea of how it would look. Woke up this morning and she had pulled the whole thing down!
As much as I hate to ask (and don't get any ideas Jax!), but what is the best way to attach coco peat to a fake wall?
Got another project that I've started this afternoon too. An outdoor enclosure for two adult beardies and two blue tongues. Building it all myself :)

It looks great and even better with BHP in it nice work, hopefully the stimmie background wont be so hard to make :)
P.S. 150tieth post.

silicone will hold the vine in place, but dont have Medusa in there for at least a week while it dries right out, if you think she is going to climb it then maybe use long steel 'staples' (not the sort you put in a stapler LOL) and push it down at an angle into the foam.

I gotta ask..... which enclosure are you planning on sticking the coco peat to..... you can use silicone and then stick the coco peat to it, but make sure it is fully cured before sticking any animal in there, the fumes can be a bit full on for a few days. but be warned... if its for one of the snakes then you risk a tank that always smells of 'P' even if it is on a wall, if its for the beardies and blue tongues then its probably not going to be to much of an issue, but I cant see where coco peat would fit with an Ularu theme ............
me evil ?? never ! !
*runs off cackling"

No it was just an idea I had Jax, but then I saw some pictures of what the coco peat looks like actually on a background and I decided I don't like it.
I think Mik said something about contact adhesive?

contact adhesive would work but not sure about the waterproof side of it though, and it is a very strong smell which would take ages to disappear and like you, the end effect doesn't look very impressive.

So ? ! you don't like the Ularu idea for your beardies ?? I'm off to sulk then.

............... but then I saw some pictures of what the coco peat looks like actually on a background and I decided I don't like it. ....................

This was what i was refering to....
Like you, i dont like the end result........ of the cocopeat......

You're not blonde by any chance.......

and i'm guessing by your avoiding my question on Ularu that you dont like the idea PMSL

LOL it was just the way you wrote it.
Nope, not blonde. They may have more fun, but I'll remember everything the next morning haha.

Um Uluru... It's not on my list of natural phenomena that I want to replicate in my lizard enclosure in the for-see-able future... But maybe one day!

after your roman ruins it will be a piece of cake...... ever remember doing papier mache around a balloon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back