Members moments!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just one about two inches long just beside my ahh, err, well I can't see it.

I got one tiny scar on the bottom of my palm. My son also learnt about front breaks on hills the hard way. My two boys and I were riding home from their school, down hill, when my older son started yelling at the younger one to move from in front of him, they must have gotten too close because older son breaked (front break). He went up but because he is heavy set he didn't fly over the bike he landed on it and the handle bar lodged in his upper thigh. He was fine with that and fine with removing it but screamed like a banshee when the doctor squirted anaesthetic on it before he even injected. He has a great scar, big purple gash with six biggish dots ( three on each side) from the three stitches that he received.

I hate seeing kids get hurt, but they are always riding the ragged edge of disaster. I have a 10 yr old who has already broken a collarbone and snapped his arm. Different accidents.

you want to know about scars? Last October I had on operation on my tailbone to get something called a "pilonidal cyst" removed (have a squiz on Google or something...they're...not pleasent..and anyone who's had them will know). They said it was only a small one and shouldn't take much more then an hour to operate on....
TWO hours later, and now 9 months later, I have an 8 inch scar that starts from my tailbone and goes down.
Yeah...chicks dig scars...but I'm not sure about this one...

Lol cement that's the truth, when the handle bar was in his leg, although i was forcing myself to be calm, I think i was hurting more than he was.

Today i just bashed into a door.I was sprinting down the hall way in the dark to get a hand drill ....2 seconds later you hear this bang in the door :lol: i cracked up laughing tehehe .My dad teased me :oops:
( dad and i were working on our enclosure)
Guess what , i just came back from the airport after picking up a new addition.I'll post pics in a few days as i'm going away ;)

Since I was born, I spent more time at the hockey fields or on the floor of a pub than in my own home, thanks to my mum and my dad being really into the game, and the after-game celebrations. It was actually really awesome, lots of water dragons and green tree frogs frequent the grounds, as did a colony of insect eating bats.
One friday night when I was about 10 years old I was trecking around the carpark out the back of the hockey club, with my new hockey stick, looking for frogs, because I was really into frogs and other cool animals back then, and probably had more animal friends than human ones.

At just after dark, I happened upon these two 18 year old boys who had a Water Dragon, but they weren't being very nice to it, and were pinning it to the ground and trying to make it smoke a cigarette and burning him with it when he wouldn't.
Now, as a kid I had some pretty serious anger and violence issues, and I just flipped out.
I cannot stand people who hurt animals and I LOVED those water dragons.
Completely forgetting about the fact that these two boys were not only twice my age and taller than me, but they they were also fit and tank from playing hockey, I ran at them screaming threats at the top of my little girl lungs for them to let go of this lizard.
They laughed at me and didn't take me seriously (which made me even more angry) and so I smashed them in the shins and legs with my clunky old wooden hockey stick, then grabbed the dragon from one of the blokes and shoved him in my jacket.
THEN I realised that these guys were very angry at being hit and I was 10, so I bolted, still with this water dragon in my top.
I ended up under cars for the rest of the night, covered in the red hockey grounds mud, hiding with this poor traumatised water dragon, (who showed his appreciation by scratching my belly up and trying to bite me), while the boys trekked all over the place yelling that they were going to kill me.

But it was a good night, I made a friend, and even though he was a bit bitey and freaked out after our hide and seek escape, I liked him.

I still have a soft spot for water dragons, and a violent spot for animal abusers.

34th birthday (dec), been out drinking the night before, my brother and his wife had come home from o/s and they hadnt seen my new house and we were all going out to lunch . So that morning I was racing around tidying up and decided to move one of my birthday pressies I rather large/tall ceramic pot. Not sure exactly if it broke when I put it down because I couldnt carry it or if i tripped but anyway I sliced my arm open. I had to call an ambulance, I got carted off and my mum met me at the hosptial and Im sure she was horrified at not only what I had done but the fact I had only been wearing knickers and a tanktop that didnt cover a great deal.
Ended up having plastic surgery and found out after that I was less than a mm away from hitting the main artery. The nurses kept asking how I did it as they thought I had tried to comitt hurry curry and wanted to make sure it was actually an accident.
After that I got rid of ALL my breakable pots.

Oooooooo...the pain of some of these stories.......
sayitaintso.gif

This happened to an old mate of mine in Canada.
We were working on a Horse Ranch in Bragg Creek, Alberta which had some young steers and cows to keep the grass down. The ranch had a corral and shoots and all for bull riding etc. So one day we all decided (management included:rolleyes:) to ride a few young steers and cows to have some fun............riiiiight.
FICIclown017.gif

I was first out of the shoot and my girl crow-hopped a couple of times and then collapsed underneath me...not the desired result....stayed their for 10 minutes poor girl....
wacko.gif

We decided we will have to go for the larger ones.
My next one was more obliging and gave me a good ride for a few seconds till it booted me off.
Now the trick to not getting hurt is to know when to let yourself get off...as in, when your losing control of upright and becoming horizontal, to do it with some measure of 'control'.
This mate decided he had to prove something and didnt do the control thing when he was coming off after a (untill then) exceptionally good ride. So over the front of the steer he went. The steer continued forward. Tromped his head and back. He jumped up screaming "Take me to the Hospital....Take me to the Hospital!"
Result: Right ear detatched and just hanging from the top bit. I did manage to get him to stop and lay down (for the shock of course) whilst I took some snaps for prosperity sakes.....
photo2.gif
.....but alas no digital back then...so no show.

mornin.gif

not easy for me to write about,but have decided to....not easy as i dont have permission from the lady involved
here goes.......

would be about 5 yrs ago....a lady with 4 children moved in next door,by chance i knew her from primary school
occasionally (maybe once a week)she would come over...her kids loved the rabbits..birds that i bred outside..my place looked a bit like a farm to any little tacker

well,...one late night about 5pm...her eldest daughter was beating the hell out of my front door...
i could hardly understand her.....
she had said she found her Ma in the bathroom with blood every where
i told my family,grabbed my mobile & ran

i asked her daughter to ring the dads of her bro & sisters...to keep her busy

went to the bathroom......& found her in shock on the tiled floor
she was in labor...(she found out 2 days before she was pregnant again...which nobody knew)
she was just 6mnths gone....i boiled the kettled grabbed &clean sheets
& did what i could....
the babe was born without too much of a effort within half a hr
because it was prem ...it had quite allot of fluid & wasnt breathing properly ....i rang 000
..with help from the operator...cleared the fluid from the little boys mouth & throat
tied the cord & bathed him quickly...then swaddled him in a double bed sheet

the ambo's got there after all was done....
took her & her babe to the hospital...i had to write what i had done, down for them
she got the little boy adopted out...it was a extremely traumatic time for her & her family
she is doing well now
& so is the little babe...strong little tyke & beautiful he was

Last edited:
well being that im writing this ..it will be ex-friend..lmao

my friend(the driver)& i (the navigator)..were driving from Murray Bridge to Modbury
which shouldnt have taken more than 1hr 45min.. but took 2hrs & 30min..... 250km's one way!!!!!!!!!

we managed to pass Holden Hill Police station 3 x ...but only one way
also visited a airport ide never seen before
it was amusing to say the least...lol

on another trip...from Murray Bridge to a Adelaide veterinary clinic
we some how went through the tunnels 6x & through the tollgate 3 x

she has since gotten a gps system for her car:rolleyes::p!!!!!!!!...lmao

Recently and close friend of mine had to split from her partner....
She had to make herself a bed on the floor, to keep warm she used a 2m heat cord on a thermostat around the mattress, She hadn't been sleeping well and about 5am woke up to find a big blister burn on her arm.:shock::(

Moral to the story... Heat cords are meant for reptiles not humans.:p;)

And no it wasn't me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back