Members moments!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
another...now seems like many moons ago..& was!...lol

i was working for a race horse trainer...
the paddocks were divided into lots for different work & holding or breeding yards
i had to work a huge 21 hander stallion....a jumps doer

after working him for good 1/2 hr...a new worker had unlocked & opened the wrong gates
letting in 3 brood mares!
well boys are boys..i ended up getting thrown off
i had never liked the"safety stirrups"..but used them under protest..
my foot had gotten caught & i was dragged the full paddock..maybe 1km..& a bit
& was knocked out...but not before the 4 of them stampeded over me
i was out cold..don't know how long...
felt my back being wet ..from the piercing of skin from one hoof
& vaguely remember the ute pulling up ..& they blokes putting me on the back of the ute
had no feeling down one side of me...
they heated me up with a Magna--Pulse.. a electric blanket that helps circulation on injured horses
the stampede did damage to my back..not allowed to ride anymore:cry:

i knew i shouldn't have used them safety stirrups!:p

Once, when I was about 5 I was on a flying fox.
I fell off, and for some reason they had a metal
bar running under and to the side of it. Whacked
my chin on it and fell about 1.5 m to the ground.
My mum thought that I broke my jaw, but all that
had happened was a very sore jaw, and a
massive bruise.

Dragon lady, just how many accidents have you had?

Dragon1

Last edited:
Well, since Dragon lady wants me to share a few storys I might aswell tell...one:p

It all started when I was about 7 or 8. It was my birthday and I got a new tank for my yabby. We didn't have enough rocks/gravel to fill the tank....so I got a container from the cupboard and headed out the door.... it was a hot day and I had no shoes on (bad idea). I got the rocks from the driveway and was about to open the door when I heard something rustling in the bushes.

I walked over to the bushes to have a look. It was a baby brown...... I threw the rocks out of the container and picked up the snake and put it in the container with its head next to my hand ( another bad idea ). I ran into the house to show my family ( another bad idea). I yelled out "Dad look what I got, can we put it in the tank?". My dad came out to see what I had and boy he got a surprise. He quickly ran towards me took the container out of my hands and threw it out the door. I said to him it wasn't going to hurt me.... its a friendly one.

I got quite a talking to after that..... that could of been my last b day lol

Thats how i got into snakes!!!

Last edited:
When i was about 10 years old, the only skill i had in life was basketball, i would get home every afternoon and practise for hours on end. This one afternoon though, none of my shots were dropping, so i became a very agro 10 year old and kicked my basketball as hard as i could, it was skimming across the grass at a very high pace...before it hit the corner of a shovel...the shovel via the balls momentum went through our backroom's window, and the basketball changed courses and went through my neighbours garage window....and to make htings worse, it was christmas eve...and i had to pay for BOTH windows...i didnt get a christmas miracle..:(

no.....!

1 more please! lol
hmm something about butterflys i think!...wasnt it!..lmao:p:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

grrr!!!

I was about 9 and my dad built this big butterfly mesh cage. It was big but the door wasn't.

Any way, my mum just left for work and we were home alone. I went to check on the butterflies but the only way to get in was through a tiny door at the bottom. I used to be able to get through it but this time i didn't. I stuck my whole body through the door but when i tried to get out i couldn't.:oops: I was sitting there yelling " Quick some one come, I'm stuck, get me out of here!". My sister ran out the door saying "whats wrong?" I said i was stuck and i needed help!

My sister pulled and pulled but my head wouldn't fit through the gap! She ran back inside and rang mum. She said she only just got to work so call dad. So she called dad. He said he will come home now. Mind you I was still stuck in the cage door yelling in pain.

When he got home he asked me what i was doing, I yelled "I'm stuck get me out!" I cant remember what happend next but i know the next morning I woke up with a very sore head.

The door was at the bottom of the cage and was really small and there was no other way to get in.

Thankyou!!!!!!!..Daniel..thats a true cracker!:lol:

ok.......i wrote one about me & a car & a trailer.....

i didnt finish it!:oops:

months prior the dog that was in the neighbors yard behind us...
the one the car went through!
always tried & sometimes jumped the fence....wasn't a young dog mind you
we had a dog as well & they were constantly defending territories!

well after the incident ....the dog never went near the fence again
hmm.......
actually he never did much again...he slept under the rainwater tank
lived there for 3 mnths & died there.......

i did what i promised!...thanks Daniel!:oops:...lmao..ok butterfly boy!!!!!:p

i bawled when i found out!:(

Last edited:
When I was about ten I was flying down our regular fly down hill, when, shock of my life, a car actually appeared on the road. And as you do I breaked as hard as I could. The problem was that it was the front break (never had to break on the fly down hill before and noone had explained how). Anyway I went flying for real and landed on my palms and face and continued to "fly" down the hill on these. the bitumen was wearing more of my skin then my palms were.

I once trod on a sea urchin when surfing and it went through my rubber bootie into my big toe and broke off so there was about 3mm of spine sticking out of the booti. I got the booti off and was at home having a shower and decided that because there was a bit of spine sticking out i'll try to grip it and pull it out.
I couldn't get a good grip so decided to sit down on the floor of the shower to try again. On my way down my bum hit and smashed one of those ceramic tile foot rests that you use to get in showers back in those days. Needless to say it was like a knife and I was seriously freaked at the amount of blood. Now if i ever become unrecognisable my wife has one foolproof method of I.D ing me, by my scar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back