Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No :( Need to take some good photos of the Accies

Damn, was gonna say that I'd have to come and pick up my next enclosure to check them all out... :)

As a kid I ALWAYS wanted snakes, my olds caved a little and I had a beardie and a few blueys - once I moved out I was sure I would load up with snakes (which I may still do) but since getting my Ackie I am absolutely in love with Monitors and am looking at getting more and more...I can sit here and watch my Ackie all day...

...first on the list is two more Ackies, some Gilleni and my real goal is a Mertens or two :)

nice collection of monitors you got there.
heres some of mine

Attachments

• 107_0727.JPG
    107_0727.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 212
  • flavi.JPG
    flavi.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 103_0331.JPG
    103_0331.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 108_0808.jpg
    108_0808.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 222
yep ackies do that to u,i started with them as well,u shouls see them as juvies when u keep them comunally,lol,very fun to watch,ive only been breeding the ackies so far,hoping for stoors and gillens to follow suit this season coming the lacies and mertons still need to grow some,though the mertons have been seen to mate but they r still quite young,another monitor behaviour thats rather quirky,lol,u gotta love them,not sure which r my faves,love the lacies and mertons,but the others just as much,id have to say my fave reptiles

richardsc do you have any more pics of your ackies?? are they west aussie animals one looks like it.

not sure where they r from,the female does look a tad reddish but similar looking to alice springs form,but i couldnt tell u,the male is really yellow with black reticulations,ill get some more pics of them for u

'Bout time I took some decent shots...

Here is a shot of my current enclosure (3x2x2) but just got my hands on a 5x2x2 aquarium which I will be doing up as a display tank for my Ackie (hopefully trio in the not too distant future)...

...I will post my Ackie in my gallery as it is a pain to resize it and the only clear shot of him I have managed so far :)

...He is still only very young but is colouring up brilliantly with some real nice bright orange coming through (he seems to have dulled in the last few days so I am expecting him to shed start shedding again shortly), and since making some changes to temps and the enclosure he seems really settled - doesn't dash off when I walk by and is happy to cruise around and bask with me watching now...

Attachments

• 3ft Enclosure.JPG
    3ft Enclosure.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
thanks, yeah your female looks almost like my WA 's

Attachments

• 106_0656.JPG
    106_0656.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 130
thats a nice set up aslan,lots of running around space for the little fella

..and boy is the space used. Unbelievable how active he is...part of the reason he is going to a tank. The sound of sand in the tracks of sliding glass doors does my head in! :)

Dont have many photos on this computer and most have seen before, but oh well.
Monitors past and present...
Acckies

Attachments

• Acckies.JPG
    Acckies.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Acckies1.JPG
    Acckies1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Acckies2.JPG
    Acckies2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 285
Mitchells

Attachments

• Mitchells.JPG
    Mitchells.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Mitchells2.JPG
    Mitchells2.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Mitchells3.JPG
    Mitchells3.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 195
Freerider - I love looking at your setups, and I haven't seen that Ackie one before. That's brilliant, looks excellent.

What size is the tank and where did you get the stand from? I have a 5x2x2 that I want to convert up and (hopefully) look something like that...

That's awesome, I am looking at building a stand as well - probably much more basic than your own though. That Mitchelli enclosure is fantastic - I have to thank you for putting together such awesome display enclosures...

...my Missus was getting a bit upset at all the talk of Monitor setups around the house until she saw some top display ones and is now deciding where she can put them in the house just like furniture pieces! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back