Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 7 x 3 x 3 aquarium...Unfortunately nothing is in it at the moment...I can upgrade my license in a few months tho, then i will be getting some ackies...

Yeah my house is set up almost like a zoo, diamonds in one corner monitor enclosures in the other side, beardies and frillys in the lounge and Vens in the spare room....
Lucky I have a big house and its only me there!!!
Girlfriend loves them all except the RBBS something about looking evil... but thats probably why I like em

I have a 7 x 3 x 3 aquarium...Unfortunately nothing is in it at the moment...I can upgrade my license in a few months tho, then i will be getting some ackies...

Wow, you could house a dozen of them in there ;) Gotta say I would be tempted for something more like a Mertens if I had a tank that sort of size...

Yeah my house is set up almost like a zoo, diamonds in one corner monitor enclosures in the other side, beardies and frillys in the lounge and Vens in the spare room....
Lucky I have a big house and its only me there!!!
Girlfriend loves them all except the RBBS something about looking evil... but thats probably why I like em

Freerider - I definately see my house headed the same way (here's hoping)...

I am planning on the study becoming a study/herp room and then having display enclosures throughout the house...

At the moment I am planning out my 5x2x2 and hopefully will have it cleaned some time this week, then start slogging away at it. Hopefully in a few weeks time the Ackie can move in and the Diamond can move into the Ackie's old enclosure...

But as I said, long term I would love Mertens or two and that Mitchell's enclosure you have setup looks tops, I will definately be looking at a similar style of setup.

Wow, you could house a dozen of them in there ;) Gotta say I would be tempted for something more like a Mertens if I had a tank that sort of size...

I would absolutely love too, the only problem is that I live in WA and we cant keep those...I new a friend that had the tank originally with fish in it and i kept teeling her that if she sold it, id have it...After a few weeks of saying it to her she rang me and told me i can have it, it came with a stand and i got the both for $500...I can upgrade my licnce in a few months to a category 4, then i can get them and start buying a few enclosures...Then I have to have that cat 4 licence for 12 months and i can upgrade to the top (cat 5), then i can move the ackies into there new enclosures and i'll be able to get: Stripe-Tailed Pygmy Monitor (cat 3), Ackies (cat 4), Short-Tailed Pygmy (cat 4), Black Tailed (cat 4), Goulds (cat 5), or southern Heaths (cat 5)...

Ah, didn't notice 'Broome' initially - such a shame. Ackies will love it though, with a nice hot basking site they will spend ages running around the cooler parts of the enclosure. My enclosure is still quite large considering how young the little guy is but he cruises around it all day so I can't wait to move him into my big display tank...

At least you still have a good variety of Monitors you're allowed - if we had the same strict rules regarding imports over here we would struggle... ;)

When i upgrade in a few months, would a couple of Ridgy's be able to co exist with a couple of Black-Tailed monitors??? Also, I am sorta lookin at moving over east, so maybe one day i will be able to collect some other species ;-) Either way, i have to do a bit more research before i get them, but ive got a few months up me sleeve yet...

Here's my new indoor monitor cage about 90% complete, it sat dormant for a year ....or two but is now almost finished. I wanted a bit of a focal point in our loungeroom.
indoor-monitor-1.jpg

wow, that looks good...what are the dimensions and whats goin in???

Thanks, I hope it will look better when it is finished.
It is roughly 2.3 metres at the widest point and 1.5 metres deep and 1.7 high. It is for a Mangrove Monitor and maybe a Mertens monitor.

WOW I love the mangrove monitors, unfortunately we cant keep them over here...you'll have to post pics when its all done and the new inhabitants are settled in...

very nice boa. amazing how many mangroves are going around at the moment.

awsome set ups free rider and boa mertons would love that,u certainly will have a focal point there,mangroves would love it know doubt to,im deciding how im going to go with my mertons at the moment,before they out grow there current set up,i had something like that in mind,and free rider i love your set ups ,very very nice,wish i could keep mitchels in vic.
well i saw one for sale in a shop in vic last year,dont know how they could sell it as i didnt think it was on our permit system,anyone know any different

Thanks guys. Yes there are a few Mangroves around at the moment, I did really well with mine. They are a beautiful monitor and one I have wanted for awhile.

Richard, yes I couldn't stay away too long, they are addictive. Yes I still have the Heath monitor and it is thriving.
John, around $1500 for an adult and slightly less for hatchlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back