Most pain of my life :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was just a day like any old day until I figured I would jump this big fence, as I have gone to jump it I feel like this rip thing and I was like to the bloke I was with crap I think I cut my foot, so I jump back off the fence and look down, From the beginning of my big toe nail back to the knuckle part I had sliced off all of my skin there, It was about 2.5cm long by about 1.5cm wide and was down to the bone, As I seen it I couldn't actually feel anything and I said to the guy I was with I'm about to go through a hell of alot of pain. I started basically screaming, Blood was absolutely everywhere so we jump in the car and head for the hospital (we where about 20 mins away and you have no idea how much agony I was in) so a quick dial of 000 had an ambo on the way, The idiots took 25 mins to get to me (I know they where prob busy but omg worst pain) so When they got their I was put in the back of the ambo and pain killer time :D

They gave me penthrox which I was old is like a gas morphine, it is a little liquid put ino a whistle like device and you breath it in, (most smashed I have ever been in my life ;))

I rocked up at the hospital laughing a everything the doctors where telling me and couldn't keep a straight face, Had the misses on the phone she was freaking out and I was laughing lol. Went straight through to see the doctor which I think a few of the people in the emergency department were not happy about as they had been waiting a while but the doctors told them its worst in first. After they re bandaged it I had to get an xray which turned out I hadn't broke anything which was a relief but now I had to go see the doctors about my tendons and possibly a skin graph.

So 2 hours of sitting in the waiting room now heavily dopped up on alot of different pain killers I was finally seen by another doctor who informed me I needed o shots of locale in my toe so he could get a better look. He put them in both sides of the wound about 4 mm away so god that hurt as well.

After he had washed it all out I had to push my toe up as he tried to push it down as I was doing this I could visually see my tendon straining and blood squirting out absolutely every where lol. I was told tendon fine no need for surgery as of yet hat was a relief although my foot has to be monitored in case the skin doesn't grow back right then I need to get a skin graph.

The local he gave me was a strong one and lasted 8 hours which was great because i was about 7pm by the time he gave it to me so I new I would a least be able to get to sleep, I did wake up though at about 2.30am which sucked although a few panadiene fort and a bit of TV helped me lol.

So now I am on strong pain killers, antibiotics, cruches for at least 2 weeks and I need to go to the doctors every second day for 2 weeks to get my dressing changed this is gunna be fun.

On a plus side 2 weeks off work :D

Ben

P.s. I was going to put pics up but I think they may be to graphic for APS although the pics where taken on a mates phone so I will put them on photo bucket or something and its up to you to click on the link :p He's coming around the sarvo so I'll grab them then.

You poor bugger! Penthrox is actually a mix of a weak general anathestic and morphine

Oh yeah I just remembered...I've had the "green whistle" a couple of times now and from memory it's Pethadine?

Oh yeah I just remembered...I've had the "green whistle" a couple of times now and from memory it's Pethadine?

I have no Idea aye because I read on the side of the wistle it said penthrox but someone else told me they put pethadine in it as well but yeah it defiantly said penthrox on the side of it, haha the wisltes fun aye Jonno ;)

Pics or it didn't happen.

Hmm, next time I need my quick fix, I'll jump a fence!

Sounds like a fun day, but remember there are worse things to get snagged and ripped open jumping fences, it could have been a lot worse...;)

Good to see our ambos are busy rushing to pick up blokes jumping over fences.. Tax payers money hard at work.

how many stitches?...I had a motor bike peg go through my leg ,which was nasty i have a scar that looks like tassie and the sensation in my leg has been affected by the damage done to the nerves....:)

Where is my reply?

Ok again, sorry about the toe, hope it gets better soon and don't worry the dressing changes shouldn't hurt.

Like I said in the phantom reply and others have said, pics or it never happened:D

That green whistle is nitrous oxide and oxygen.(basically happy gas).. Pethadine is given at Hospitals only through a catheter.. the whistle is a waste of time..at least it was for my kidney stones....want to feel the worst pain in your life.. wait till you have kidney stones.

Good to see our ambos are busy rushing to pick up blokes jumping over fences.. Tax payers money hard at work.

I thought that's what ambo's are for, rushing to emergencies.

Glad to hear it was just your toe scorps, could have been worse:lol:

Those green whistles actually do the job quiet well,im glad the doctors didnt have to amputate,get well soon.

That green whistle is nitrous oxide and oxygen.(basically happy gas).. Pethadine is given at Hospitals only through a catheter.. the whistle is a waste of time..at least it was for my kidney stones....want to feel the worst pain in your life.. wait till you have kidney stones.

I've heard that...I saw my grandad, who's one tough bugger, with tears in his eyes when he had kidney stones. I've had the whistle for a broken ankle, shattered knee cap and a dislocated shoulder and it's worked beautifully every time.

Yeah Jonno, I've had alot of painful injuries..and used to regard myself as a pretty mentally strong bloke.... the stones bought me to tears, like being cut in half.....slowly.. didn't help much when my wife sent me away in the ambo alone.... man in his late 20's turns up at hospital in a writhing mass, screaming for pain relief..pretty much the same way as herion addicts do..wanting pethadine... they left me on a bed for an hour and a half without relief untill I got angry and started pulling the monitor probes off me and was going to crawl out..... so they gave me 50mg of pethadine to shut me up...slowed the pain up for about 20 minutes but came back strong so they hit me with another 75mgs... slept like a baby... not before wizzing out lumpy blood though ;)

slept like a baby... not before wizzing out lumpy blood though ;)[/quote said:
Oh thats a Lovely thing to read while eating Chips covered in tomato sauce LOL
I think im not gonna eat anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back