= ( Mum wont let me get a snake or my step dad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marzzy

Reaction score
Hey Grrr

Im so -------- off. Its finally tax time i finally get that 1800 i needed and im not aloud to get a snake what is that. There like your not getting a snake get one when you move out im 18 im reposible enough its like so ****. We have no pets at all ive been wanting one for ages i been on here looking around gathering all the info and stuff i will need.
Whats it gonna do its in a encloser or with me when i take it out......

Grrr what do you guys think ?

i think u live close enough to buy one give it to me and u can come see it anytime u like :):):)

Wow, no offence but I could hardly understand a word of that rant! Try paying a bit more attention to your spelling and punctuation and perhaps post it again.

Maybe I am just getting old, but I think it is their house and their choice.

If you want to do as you please go and buy your own house, or find a landlord that is accepting of reptiles.

i say just get one!! unless they'd kick you out you for it!!

or just do something/s really, really, really nice for them, that always works with my parents.

good luck!!

It's their house. Some people just don't like or more to the point are afraid of Snakes.

Wow, no offence but I could hardly understand a word of that rant! Try paying a bit more attention to your spelling and punctuation and perhaps post it again.

what part of that could you not understand?, it may not have been perfect english but it is pretty clear why she is not happy jessb.
cheers:)

not having a go at you but ...........your tantrums are telling everyone that reads it your still very much a kid ,as jonno said 18 move out cant have your cake and eat it too.......

Tell them they don't bark, rip things, you don't have to pick up there poo from the back yard and it doesnt matter if you forget to feed them for a month or two.
As you said, tell them they don't have to hold it and it won't get out with a good enclosure which you have the money for and for $50 get a small freezer of ebay to put the mice/rats in.

Move out. Its a great feeling when you dont have to answer to them anymore.
(Provided you dont need them for anything).
Oh yeah, dont worry about landloards, they ALWAYS let you keep them.
(Provided you dont tell them you plan on keeping them).

moving out

move out that way you can have a whole house to your self and have has many snakes as you want (not only in your room)unless you still need to get your cash together then i think stay for a while, take your time.

:)

Last edited:
my parents were the same,...when i finally did move out and get a snake they thought i was nuts.

then they took teh time to meet him and overcome some of their silly presumptions of snakes being horrible, now hes a fave @ family lunches, if i dont bring him i get sent home to get him.

try finding someone with a friendly snake that they can meet first to set aside some of their fears, its still their house and their rules, but maybe if they could see that theyre quite a lovely pet they might be more accepting.

Is this the first time you've mentioned it to them?

When I first mentioned the idea of getting a snake to my mum she said a flat out no, but I kept persisting and giving her reasonable excuses as to why she should let me have one over a few months and she eventually agreed to the idea, even helped me with building an enclosure and things.

Getting angry at them to their faces wont do anything, just be reasonable and talk to them about it; tell them all about your researching and joining the forum and let them see how much you'd love to have one.

If not, and you have a reasonable paying job you just could find a room to rent for $90-$120 p/w (a lot of the ones I've seen include electricity and internet in that or ask for a bit extra to cover it) and move out.

Perhaps it was just a badly worded vent.

Perhaps it was just a badly worded vent.

I slapped it together pridy quick. Its to much to move out of home by yourself these days i dont earn enough to rent a house or pay bills for that matter. I pay board $50 and why is everyone saying im a kid its all the mums i just wrote it fairly quickly Its more of a rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back