= ( Mum wont let me get a snake or my step dad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my parents were the same,...when i finally did move out and get a snake they thought i was nuts.

then they took teh time to meet him and overcome some of their silly presumptions of snakes being horrible, now hes a fave @ family lunches, if i dont bring him i get sent home to get him.

try finding someone with a friendly snake that they can meet first to set aside some of their fears, its still their house and their rules, but maybe if they could see that theyre quite a lovely pet they might be more accepting.

Thats a good idea my gf has one hmmmm

Wow, no offence but I could hardly understand a word of that rant! Try paying a bit more attention to your spelling and punctuation and perhaps post it again.

I have been working lots and i have a massive headache give me a break.

what part of that could you not understand?, it may not have been perfect english but it is pretty clear why she is not happy jessb.
cheers:)

Im a dude not a she lol

Is this the first time you've mentioned it to them?

When I first mentioned the idea of getting a snake to my mum she said a flat out no, but I kept persisting and giving her reasonable excuses as to why she should let me have one over a few months and she eventually agreed to the idea, even helped me with building an enclosure and things.

Getting angry at them to their faces wont do anything, just be reasonable and talk to them about it; tell them all about your researching and joining the forum and let them see how much you'd love to have one.

If not, and you have a reasonable paying job you just could find a room to rent for $90-$120 p/w (a lot of the ones I've seen include electricity and internet in that or ask for a bit extra to cover it) and move out.

I didnt even get a reason im on $12 and hour starting next week pay just went up. When i ask why its just because or no its just anoyying im not even aloud to have my gf sleep over im 18 .....

i think u live close enough to buy one give it to me and u can come see it anytime u like :):):)

Ummm BHP cost like between 750-1600 i dont quite think so lol yeah maitland is close to east maitland lol but no.

Lol and trouser id feed my snake every week lol i dont think id let it go without food for months but would make a good point to my parents.....

Last edited:
I didnt even get a reason im on $12 and hour starting next week pay just went up.

Are you an apprentice or trainee? If not I think that wage is illegal for an 18 year old. The Australian Fair Pay Commision min wage just went from $13.74 to 14.31. Might want to look into that.

Moving out is possiable, live the young Aussie dream and share with 5 friends and split bills rent etc.

I didnt even get a reason im on $12 and hour starting next week pay just went up.

that doesnt seem right im 15 and work at a nursery and if i work week days i get $12.68 an hour.

Are you an apprentice or trainee? If not I think that wage is illegal for an 18 year old. The Australian Fair Pay Commision min wage just went from $13.74 to 14.31. Might want to look into that.

Moving out is possiable, live the young Aussie dream and share with 5 friends and split bills rent etc.

No im neither kfc wage is low as i just moved to casual cause i cant get enough money.

Trouser snake; yes, they can survive quite a long time without food, but that doesn't mean it's good for them or advisable.

Trouser snake; yes, they can survive quite a long time without food, but that doesn't mean it's good for them or advisable.

I know. I don't mean that I wait for 4 months to feed them but I was just saying.
Maybe if he went away for a month or 2, his parents wouldn't want to feed it.
I feed my snakes and every 7 days.

I'm a parent of a 19 year old. She has moved out with her b/f now, but when she was at home, I tried to let her have her freedoms and her privacy. But at the end of the day, this is MY home, 'I' pay the bills, 'I' buy the food, so 'I' set the rules. It doesn't matter if you don't like the rules set in place by your parents mate.. it's THEIR home. And no matter how much you contest it, or give them good reason, things will not change. The only suggestion I can offer, is to save and be patient and wait. Here's another.... Do you have a garage?? You may want to talk to them about renovating it into a cool little flat. If you put up some $$$ and the hard work, they might go for it. You'll have your privacy, sort of your own place, and then you might be able to get a snake. ;)

I'm a parent of a 19 year old. She has moved out with her b/f now, but when she was at home, I tried to let her have her freedoms and her privacy. But at the end of the day, this is MY home, 'I' pay the bills, 'I' buy the food, so 'I' set the rules. It doesn't matter if you don't like the rules set in place by your parents mate.. it's THEIR home. And no matter how much you contest it, or give them good reason, things will not change. The only suggestion I can offer, is to save and be patient and wait. Here's another.... Do you have a garage?? You may want to talk to them about renovating it into a cool little flat. If you put up some $$$ and the hard work, they might go for it. You'll have your privacy, sort of your own place, and then you might be able to get a snake. ;)

Then why do i pay board ?
Just built a $40,000 Its open and i dont think they will let me live in it.

Last edited:
You pay board to help with the ever rising expenses. (And because your parents own you.)
Just wait till you start paying off a house.
Look mate there just may not be any other way. When i was a kid i wasnt allowed snakes, but i could have lizards. Maybe that might be a good start. If you are serious things might change.
But at the end of the day.....YOUR PARENTS OWN YOU!!!!!!

Then why do i pay board ?

You pay board because your parents are trying to make you act responsible. I wouldn't complain about paying $50 either. Would you prefer to pay your share of the rent/mortgage, electricity, phone, water, internet, food, etc because I can tell you, it would be a hell of a lot more than $50.

Well, they may not OWN you so to speek... but I would certainly say they PAY for you. $50 a week!!! Christ.. I would love to pay that and nothing else!. Try putting a list together of how much it would cost you to live on your own. Electricity, Rent, Food, Water, Just add those up and see if you can do it all for $50 a week. I don't think you could. I'd be saying thankyou for the things you do get, and then just wait patiently until you can afford to move out.

pfff just get one!
wat r they gonna do?

If they are like me, they would dispose of the snake the minute he walked out the door.

Show some respect for your parents!!

I love snakes but if my son came home with a pet that I didn't want in the house then I would get rid of it.

hahaha... I actually have done that! I found someone willing to take it, and it was gone in a day. My house, my rules. You want to set the rules... get your own house. It's that simple. Respect goes a long way, and you have to give it before you can earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back