= ( Mum wont let me get a snake or my step dad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it totally would not affect them..i just went out and bought mine..and mum freaked at 1st..and now everyone loves them..just do it man ..they will seriously get over it ..dont let them hold it if its goin to bite them thou hahaha
enjoy

Thats a good idea my gf has one hmmmm

If your GF has a snake, why don't you just get a license to keep reptiles at her house? Assuming she lives with her parents, you'd have to ok it with them first of course, but it's an option... as long as you're in a long term sort of relationship, otherwise it might get tricky.

My parents won't let me keep snakes here, and I respect their choice, so I keep all my reptiles at my boyfriend's place.

My parents just get stuck with the rat breeding farm instead :lol:

Hi there Marrzy, even though you say you are 18, it does sound like you are still very young and when it comes to owning a pet you need to show you are responsible. Can you do that?
This means doing things for your parents without having them tell you. Respecting them and their rules.
Do you have a job? are you paying any board?
Who will pay for the food that your snake eats, the electricy bill and if needed vet bills.
If you have this already sorted, i would ask your parents to sit down with you to discuss the matter, say to them that after hearing you out and they still say no then you wont bring it up again, as long as they sit and hear you out .
tell them you are serious about buying a snake and before they say no suggest they come with you to a reptile place to veiw a few of them. Show them how you are going to pay for the snake and its enclosure, tell them exactly when it will be feeding and how often the snake will come out of its enclosure. I would even ask them why they are saying no, If they still say no then there is not much you can do until you move out of home.
remember to sit down and chat with them about it, it cannot be done when sitting watching tv, or doing the dishes etc. and becareful how you react, having a tantrum if they do say no is not acting responsible.

good luck
Danni

omg like 10 replies were posted whilst i typed my first reply lol... sorry if i just repeated what everyone else was saying
danni

Why are you all arguing with the comments made by a TEENAGER..........surely you guys should know by now that all TEENS know everything have experienced it all and you as the DUMB adult know NOTHING!!!! speaking from a mum of 4 teenage/sub_ adult CHILDREN........

Marzzy...if I were you, I would take that $1800 and arrange some English tutoring because your spelling and grammer are shocking. In the long run that would certainly benefit you more than owning a snake. Might even mean you can apply for a better paying job and then when you do move out on your own you can purchase as many snakes as you want.

Also, just because you do the odd bit of babysitting, doesn't mean you are paying your way. Go and see if someone else would allow you to stay at their place longterm paying no rent, because I can tell you, you wouldn't even get a room for under $100 a week these days and that doesn't include food.

Hi there Marrzy, even though you say you are 18, it does sound like you are still very young and when it comes to owning a pet you need to show you are responsible.

I think we should all just compare Marrzy to Nikki_Elmo - 8 years and a lifetime's difference!!! :lol:

Are u only interested in snakes or reptiles in general? Maybe get some gecko's? There are some wild looking geckos out there and they are just as interesting if not more than snakes...

Ha ha Marzy, what support you may have had came from 15 year olds and by the looks of it, now you have none. Go out and finish school or at least learn how to use a spell check. No wonder your parents don't want you owning a snake you dont even have enough pride to use correct English let alon look after a reptile.

I did notice on your pay check break down that you only bought take out once per week. Coodo's to you mate, but what you failed to mention is the usual partying and the likes an 18 year old gets up to. Maybe that's where your last $26 goes. And I can see then you bludging more off your mum for snake food and substrate and the like.

Get a life kiddo. Look in the paper, use your tax money as bond and then move and and se if you then can afford to own a snake in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back