Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but i love the company of Cobar and we are breeding shingles sone time next year.

my mum will hold my coastal about every 2 months but not my spotted she to fiesty but she enjoys watching them eat and shed and she wont let me have anymore lol

Jordo, yes vegi-mite is crap lol. wait till your mum has had a few drinks and is relaxed, then this is where jonnos olive comes into play. lol worked for me my mum will now pat my spotteds as long as the head cant look @ her or touch lol.

now when ever i ask my mum for a lizard she says yes almost right away, i takes dad (the reptile lover) longer though. my mum hates rats so one time i grabed one of the rats the had defrosted and shuved it in her face...it was so funny, me & dad couldnt stop laughing...

think you need to stop getting tagged by them Jordo i think you are addicted to the bites

Dont force it...My wife has no interest in them whatsover...but she does have a soft spot for the male shingleback who she nicknamed Captain Cranky as he is all bluff. I take him out and let him wander around the deck on sunny, less humid days and he hisses at her if she comes out unsuspecting.

My 3 daughters all love them and will hold them if I get them out. The middle daughter is going to be caring for the Stimmies I am getting.

My wife grew up on a farm and had snakes around all the time as a kid...she is not scared of them...just not interested....she is reallt scared of spiders though :) Actually, come to think of it I am not too fond of them either but can at least catch and release the huntsmens when they come inside.

as a kid my brother and i had lots of beardies and blue ies but our mum hated them and always said no to snakes . 30 yrs latter my 8yr old daughter aked if she could have a snake then nearly fell over when i instntly said yes . now we have 2 stimmies and 1 bearded dragon , and ordered a BHP yesterday . My mum now lives in FNQ snake capital mission beach .and ring me every time she see's a snake as they remind her of us HAPPY DAYS
;)

as a kid my brother and i had lots of beardies and blue ies but our mum hated them and always said no to snakes . 30 yrs latter my 8yr old daughter aked if she could have a snake then nearly fell over when i instntly said yes . now we have 2 stimmies and 1 bearded dragon , and ordered a BHP yesterday . My mum now lives in FNQ snake capital mission beach .and ring me every time she see's a snake as they remind her of us HAPPY DAYS
;)

I can't wait to have children so I can buy them whatever pets they want ;)

thats why i keep the reptiles in my room, mum dosnt like to see them but we are getting a large outdor cage for the shingleback stud.

I to old to live with my mum but she still hates them...Thankfully she knows i love them and brought me a death adder to add to my collection..... Thanx mum!!!!!!!!

a death adder! -cough cough- you must be really experinced!

just say "Mum i need a hand with something ... hold these guys while i clean their cages, thanks ;)" worked for me. the trick is not to give her time to say anything :)

just did that about 5 minutes ago
haha
not really i would've got slapped

yeah my mum wont leyt me have snakes. im trying to get her to let me have more than what ive already got. only 2 beardies and a bluey. im trying to make her let me get some geckos. i think its more to do with the electricity bill. but definately no snake no way no how.

my mum lets me have any lizards i want but no snakes...

You will probably find that your mother is afraid of snakes. I know I was.

Slow & steady wins the race! I was terrified of snakes and, because of my ignorance, hated them with a passion, and therefore wouldn't let my kids have them either. When my son got his first python it caused one of the biggest fights we've ever had, but he perservered. Thinking back, a couple of things that helped to turn me around were:

His first snake: wasn't bitey, it had a name so I started looking at it as a 'pet', he started to get me used to it by getting me to touch the 'non bitey' end, he used to take it out onto the grass regularly and of course I used to watch, he didn't push it onto me, but let me take it at my own pace. It took a long time, and I mean years, not months, but eventually I got there. I started to hold his snakes while he cleaned etc, but he made sure that the ones I held were not bitey, because I have to tell you that if one of them had bitten me, it would have been 'all over Red Rover'. lol.

He also left reading material around for me to pick up and browse through and we used to talk about his reptiles a lot. Eventually, with both of my sons' help, I conquered my fears.

Hope this helps.

cheers
Joy

Start her on lizards. Once you get used to them It is not a big jump to snakes and monitors.

Alternatively, get up early and put a different snake in her bed every day. Eventually with persistanse she will get use to them, ( I need to add this to my tips for beginners).

Good luck

Hey, mybe i could ask help here. My mum hates snakes, spiders, lizards, frogs, scorpions, and any large Bugs. Anyone got any idea's at all to convince her to let me keep something. Dad sais whatever mum sais.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back