Mutton Bird Oil

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricko

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was just wanting to know whether many people use mutton bird oil for there reptiles. If so do you inject it into the prey item as that is the only way i have seen it administered and just wanted to know whether many people use it or recommend it.

Cheers Rick

i think its used to get some weight onto the reptile or to make them grow quicker. sorta the same thing though thats what i got told anyways.

The Chapel island Tiger snakes eat mutton birds for a limited time of year (guessing to say 3 months or so) Yet they are really big animals that look like they eat every couple of weeks. I think your right Ricko, the oil increases bulk and growth. I think it is near impossible to find, I'd be surprised if you can get hold of any. At least thats what I've been told. And yes, apparently it is injected into the rodent (how much, I'm not going to guess)

its a ml per kilo of snake im pretty sure, your spot on about the chappels i was going to say something to that effect but got sidetracked as i was feeding my hatchling stimnmy's

I won't guess, but that sounds familiar. Apparently there is no reported side effects, or anything bad that has been related to using it. Have you found some??? I remember ages ago seeing someone on the herp trader advertising some for sale, but none since.

i can get bottles nut usually about 10mls at a time is real easy. how much they go for on the herpy?

It was a small ad (ages ago). The guy didn't mention the price - said it was 100% real mutton bird oil - lol , That's when I went,"what the hell's this all about?", I've heard of 100% pure maple syrup at the Pancake palour but this sounded nuts! I thought initially it was something you rub into the snakes skin. Hmm Snake massage oil - now there's an idea! LOL I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to get when you think about it, the hardest part is getting a mutton bird in a press and then squeezing - hey presto - Mutton bird oil LOL. I can't seriously tell you Ricko, I'll bow out and stop hogging your post, hopefully someone else can come to your rescue with this one LOL

i get it off a bloke at a pet shop as he is a bit dodgy, i dont pay for it when i only get like a syringe or 2 of it but i can ask how much a bottle is. why??

Mutton Bird Oil is one of the most concentrated Sea Foods available for Medicinal Purposes.

With a high percentage of vitamins A, D and E. It also contains mostly Polyunsaturated Fats, which enables it to Lower Cholesterol in the Body, Reduce Blood Pressure and the Risk of Heart Disease.

Mutton Bird Oil is Rich in Iodine, Phosphate, Zinc and Calcium. The Iodine in the Oil, stimulates Growth, increase?s Weight, and has a Beneficial effect on the Reproductive Organs. The Calcium in the Oil produces healthy Flesh, Bone Muscle and good Teeth.

Mutton Bird Oil has a range of use?s, from Growth Stimulation in Snakes, to the Oils capacity to develop Stamina, used by Athlete?s and Race Horses. It is also used as a Stock Food for Poultry and Livestock and used in Drenches for Sheep and Cattle, if added to Milk, it will Prevent Scouring in Young Calves.

Mutton Bird Oil is an Oil extracted from Young Mutton Birds. The properties of the Oil, come from the Mutton Birds Diet. The Adult Birds skim the ocean collecting Krill to take back to their Young, back on land in the Bass Strait Island?s off the Tasmanian Coast. Krill are tiny sea Organisms which secrete an Oil 250 times Richer in Vitamins than Butter Fat. The Parents set out on their Migratory flight to the Arctic Region, leaving the Young Birds without food for about 14 Days. An outside covering of fat and the ball of fat in its crop Nourish the chicks and enable them to build the Stamina necessary to follow the Adults on the 15000 Kilometer flight. Some of these Young Birds are Harvested, the Oil is squeezed from the body before the flesh is Processed. The Oil is not subjected to heat or any chemical means of extraction.

The Chapel Island Tiger Snake is the Biggest Tiger Snake in Australia. The Chapel Island Tiger Snake?s Diet consists of only Young Mutton Birds, available only 6 weeks of the year. These 6 weeks of Feeding on the Young Mutton Birds enables the Tiger Snake?s to go for the Rest of the Year without Food, and still maintain an extremely Healthy Weight.

Dosage: 5 ml per Kilo of Snake. Injected into Dead Food, every Third Feed.

This is the minimum Dosage rates, increase the rates as you go. No Deaths have been reported on over dosing of Mutton Bird Oil use.

Ricko,
I would like to try some of the Mutton bird oil, let me know if you can get any pricing.

Ella, are you saying that it is availale as a human supplement in Health food type stores??

Ricko,

Mutton bird oil is a fantastic growth stimulate for snakes. Just inject it into their prey and allow them to swollow it, and then watch your snakes grow like crazy. It has been used with great sucsess over the last 15 years or so by hundreds of herpers.

Oh, and as Stockeh stated there has never been a reported death from overdosing the prey item with it.

Its funny how the Chappel Island Tigers evolved to eat these chicks for their diet over a few weeks of the year. Its also good to know that their livers also evolved to handle the mutton chicks oils.

What a pitty other snakes also did not evolve these super toughened livers like the Tigers did. This unfortuneatly appears to be the only problem with the oil. Your snakes grow super fast and very chunky , but after a few years or so they tend to die of fatty liver desease. Many thousands of snakes have allready met their makers with this great oil.

But not to worry. Even though your snake will more than likely die within a few years, you can still tell people how fast it grew and how heavy you got it. A small price to pay:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back