Mutton Bird Oil

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stockeh said:
With a high percentage of vitamins A, D and E. It also contains mostly Polyunsaturated Fats, which enables it to Lower Cholesterol in the Body, Reduce Blood Pressure and the Risk of Heart Disease.

Polyunsaturated fats arnt processed by the liver in any animal so i fail to see how it could produce fatty liver disease, it also lowers cholesterol, and reduces blood pressure, once again benificial to the liver and proven scientifically... not through hear say.

stockeh said:
This is the minimum Dosage rates, increase the rates as you go. No Deaths have been reported on over dosing of Mutton Bird Oil use.

Big guy... are you reporting the FIRST death due to the use of mutton bird oil????

Cheers
Matt

Matt,

Mutton bird oil was used by so many herpers around 10 to 15 years ago. They got great results with growth rates, but alas, most died off liver desease within a few years. This was known due to vet exams of the dead bodies.

You can sprout scientific facts till the cows come home, but the fact is Mutton Bird Oil is really only good for Chappel Island Tigers and can kill other species, specially Pythons

Cod Liver Oil and Mutton Bird Oil are mentioned in Darren Green's Latest book 'Keeping Childrens Pythons'
"1.0 ml every 4th - 6th feed for a adult Childrens Python. Take care not to overdo or overdose it."
Must be potent stuff

NCHERPS said:
Ella, are you saying that it is availale as a human supplement in Health food type stores??

No, sorry. My URS link didn't work. It just takes u to the products page. To get to the oil u have to click 'General health & medication' then click on 'Stimulants'

:)

just did some more checking into it..... apparently it is fantastic for the growth stages of snake development but use should be limited once sexual maturity has been reached.

unless your feeding chapple tigers, i think a regular diet is probly ok. most prey is a pretty complete package, nutrition wise. Dad has never used suppliments of any kind, when i showed him a bottle of repcal he laughed at me!

that is all good and well and a lot of older keepers are not open to change... but we do live a a society that is increasing in knowledge and technology....

If they find something or develop somthing that will benifit my kids (snakes) then i am gonna be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Sometime you just have to move with the times thats all.

Matt

Lol@ "fat kid on a cupcake". mostly hes pretty much in the 21st, supps are one thing he dosent bother with is all. I havent used any yet, not to say i wont but i want to know if theres any real benifit or not. Is repcal better added to f/t for diect absorbtion or best used in food of prey? I think f/t is way easier . also reptomin ive seen, any real benefit, maybe adds "life" tp f/t prey lost in freezing?

there is a liquid calcium available if you are looking at injecting into your food items

and yes injecting into thawed food is the easiest way to go with any supplement... they still absorb all of the nutrients in digestion

You just sqirt it down the mouse/rats throat or actually inject into tissue?
so calcium and vitamin/minrels are lost with freezing?

just inject it into the tissue... if you inject it down the throat and in the off chance your snake takes its prey backwards, then it will get squeezed back out again.

Small percentages are lost due to freezing, but the thing with supplements is they will only absorb what they need they wont overdose on it... so i think better to provide it then not

Where do people get needles from? I have a big aversion to them. could you just smear it in the preys fur?

crikey, i dunno mate, i think if i use a liquid suppliment ill just put heaps through the fur and hope for the best, be bound to digest some. some would be better than none eh. injecting things is just too creepy for me. Thanks for the info though. Ive saved your site to favorites, got some good stuff there. cheers.

no worries mate it is the best method though :)

Maybe one day

Probly the trauma of school vaccinations. [ shivers] :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back