Mutton Bird Oil

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the other problem with smearing through the fur is that (in some cases) the scent of the animal changes and the snake wont take it... with injecting this isnt an issue

i really dont see the need for much change, snakes have been living the way they are now for a long time. of all the "improvements" ive heard about very few have actually worked and most of those that have have proven detrimental long term

alot of people seem to be looking for short cuts with their reptiles.

hadnt thought of that. i wonder if you could funnel some powdered stuff down the preys throat, maybe it would clump up and stay there?

[/quote]

Polyunsaturated fats arnt processed by the liver in any animal so i fail to see how it could produce fatty liver disease, it also lowers cholesterol, and reduces blood pressure, once again benificial to the liver and proven scientifically... not through hear say.

stockeh said:
That is why the fat sits on the liver.
Besides the liver is a catalytic converter. It chnages the molecular structure of things that cant be passed through the body so that they can.

You need to produce the scientific evidence or it to is just hearsay.
The suppliers blurb isnt evidence.
Peter

what i was trying to say is Polyunsaturated fats go straight through the liver without any side effects, saturated fats are actually the ones that cause problems and they are not contained in mutton bird oil.

This doesnt only apply to snakes but all species of animal with a liver, unsaturated=good fat saturated = bad fat

And that my friend is scientific evidence

Good to see Bob is still around, he always has good advice.

Stockeh,not having a go at you mate but when you quote something like that first post of yours, it is best to state that you are quoting (even though it was quite obvious) and what the source of the quote is.No offence intended.

thanks everyone for there input and thanks stocky for all these facts, and thanks bigguy wasnt sure how it would affect pythons. Thanks all

i have a great idea for lizards (tell me if i'm wrong) coat the crickets in mutton bird oil and put them in the enclosure
if you are breeding mice/rats can you supplement them with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back