My beardies..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_jam

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 2 bearded dragons and i am just checking to see if everything is ok with them.

They are about 29cm long but they are not fatist. Is this a good size for them.? What age would

they be.?

Do they look healthy?

I feed them veggies every 2nd day and give them crickets each day. Is this normal. I cant tell If

they are male or females i have check them but cant tell. They dont fight or anything like that.

Is all this stuff normal. I ahev attached some pics to see what they look like.

Any help please..

Cheers

James

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf4043mv1.jpg
dscf4043mv1.th.jpg

I reckon they could put a little more weight on, not too much though. I do see a problem with the enclosure - it should be longer than it is tall, in particular, if they aren't always at the top of the log they are not getting enough UV. It also looks to be a bit of a fall risk too.

yeah i was going to change it so the log isn't so high. yeah one spends the entire time at the top. i might up the uv bulb so they gt a bit more. its a new tank. still getting it set up. have you got any suggestions on the enclosure.????

yeah i was going to change it so the log isn't so high. yeah one spends the entire time at the top. i might up the uv bulb so they gt a bit more. its a new tank. still getting it set up. have you got any suggestions on the enclosure.????

Only sell it and buy one thats longer than it is high. Thats not a bad snake enclosure, but really not designed for beardies.

What are the measurements of the enclosure and what sort of beardies are they? Centrals, Pygmys etc??

The tank is 900*900*400. They are Easter bearded dragon (pogona barbata).

Well if they can live in it for another 6 months then i can put my bredli in there and move them to a new enclosure.

dude that tank if fine for eastern beardies they like to climb. Yours look nice and health and its good to some eaterns eat vege. Mine dont touch it.

That enclosure is not the best for lizards. Beardies/lizards are mostly ground dwelling animals, so floor space is more important than height, also a wider & lower enclosure will make it easier to maintain an optimal climate.

Just offer as much food as they will take & they should be right!

sorry if somebody already said something i didnt read it all but reptiles r weird there fat as then the poo and there skinny again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back