my beardy doest like to be touched at all!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are talking about is your personal interpretation of the beardies behaviour. Of course you are going to want it all goodness and light.........pffft.......every thought the snuggling is them trying to hide from the threat of a predator much larger than them.........They are an undomesticated animal after all. Even dog that heve been domesticated for centuries still display natural instincts. After much research and watching the behaviours of my beardies I fully support the idea that they barely tolerate human contact and when they do its because they are conditioned to expect food ect.
Get off your high horse kirby.....

maybe Kirby and i have super special dragons then,..cos mine love nothing better than being picked up and cuddled!
Chub even follows me around the house till i pick her up.

well,..except fro Daisy my rescue dragon who only tolerates it so far....cant say i blame her after seeing her previous owner yank her out of the tank by her tail,... :(

First i would like to say to the administrators of this forum that i hope i will not be banned , that my following words may be interpreted as demeaning to those who have decided to publicly bash me..... i do say i needed to respond
those who have "public bashed" me... i dont know if they are allowed to speak of others as they have,or if you have rules against this..... dont ban them, as they wont learn & also if they need help for their own animals they wont be able to get it.

Wow...
Kirby... that was mind blowing!
I agree with saying that this forum is for opinions & help... help for those who ask for others ideas & methods
No one has to agree with another ones opinions,but can feel free to dispute it as if they seem it necessary....
i only dispute a opinion if it seems to of detriment to the animal .... my feelings are really of no matter & what this is all about.....
if the persons need to publicly show their colours .... & feel that they need to degrade others for their own enjoyment .....SO BE IT!... far be it for myself or others to acknowledge their immature behavior...
their are thousands of members on this forum who will associate them with their distressing behavior
& their future credibility.

To be able to understand how a animal works..., why they change colour,how they can cope with the temperatures they tolerate to heat up enough to shed...layers of skin that bubble & blisters before your eyes
using a man made device to their advantage..(heat light), turning this way & that to ensure all areas are to a temperature that we as humans would not deliberately consume.......
if no one else finds this incredible .... well maybe i am outrageously different ...

or maybe i am completely devoted to my animals & others not

Last edited:
Ok seriously now...distressing behaviour??? come on

I can't wait to get a beardie, I think they adapt to your influence in ways other reptiles don't.
However I don't feel the beardie's in the wild are emotionally stunted because they haven't received a cuddle in forever =)

Beardies are pretty cool lizards to have around (well, I think so) but I do not subscribe to the belief that they love people, or thrive on human contact. I believe they tolerate it in varying degrees.

we all tolerate all on this planet.... i have known animals to stress & pass on after its master has died
this is not toleration ... this is devotion

Beardies are pretty cool lizards to have around (well, I think so) but I do not subscribe to the belief that they love people, or thrive on human contact. I believe they tolerate it in varying degrees.

Too true!
Just some tolerate it more than others............ ;)
Why is it that people always associate human behaviour and emotions with animals?

I think I have seen a hundred threads like this before.

Why can't we all play nice with the other children? *tsk tsk* lol

The age old saying "each to their own" springs to mind.

its not scientific... its for their survival...fundamentally basic

Seeing as Science encompasses many disciplines, including the study of nature(which in itself would include the study of survival techniques adopted by organisms) I have to argue that point. It is PURELY scientific. The physical make-up and behavioral characteristics of bearded dragons (and all animals) is a scientific matter and not a spiritual one (or whatever else you are trying to suggest it is by stating it is not scientific).

I also have to suggest that your comparison of bearded dragons with dogs (you are HIS master) is completely ridiculous. This idea works with dogs because of a built in pack mentality that produces a hierarchal structure with dogs, they recognise a social leader. Bearded dragons however are not a pack animal, they are a solitary and territorial reptile and recognise a hierarchy only within their own species for the purposes of breeding behaviours.

Sorry if you think I am trying to "bash" your cuddly spiritual ideas of this animal but of course you can't blame me for stating my opinion, that is as you said what this forum is for.

sorry ...i should have commented different... its not a thesis that i have read.... its experience
i am not going by something that is written in a book.... by my own results
if they work for me.... they should work for others

Kyle199.......... how is the handling going?... pm me if you want
sorry about these threads that have gotten off beat... wasnt my intension

So Kyle199 what has come from this thread is:

Experience means nothing.

Science means nothing.

I like twisties.

We all have giant ego's.

My almighty advice: Do what works best for you and your individual beardy bub.

sorry.....
i am not a scientist.....didnt go to university....
going by my own experience... to get best results with handling skittish animals ...especially reptiles
they are calmer at night...when sleeping...

Isis... your advice on this is....????????
Zed.... how do you deal with you skittish beardies....???

please does anyone have other ideas to help Kyle199 with his beardies..????

My main concern is the humanising of animals.....they are beardies they dont cuddle.

I am not a scientist either but I too am speaking from experience and from knowledge that I sought from scientist and other proffesionals that did go to uni and do have the knowledge...

Do you understand what anthropomorphism is........google it.

There are far to many young kids on here that could very easily misconstrue what you say. One of the main causes of stress to any herp is from too much handling.......Cuddles come into that category. You want a pet to cuddle buy a dog/ cat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back