my beardy doest like to be touched at all!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terror Australis Incognito? Where the name Australia came from and also the founding latin name for such species as you refer. Sorry for attempting to add a little humour to the situation! My bad! Remember kids we must be serious scientists or we shouldn't post on little forums that get excited about poop!

Do you need another prescription? I've got a whole book full of them.

And sorry it should've been 'warm' and fuzzie not 'farm' and fuzzie.

And maybe the people won't like the icky boring water?

Anyway whats so bad if you wanna annamorphowhatever as long as the beardie is happy and healthy who should give a rats proverbial?

that's It precisely .....
the satisfaction on being able to help others!

By the way Miss B....if the person isnt able to pick up the liitle one i helped you with ..let me know!!!:( ... its nice to know she's doing fine now!!!

Seeing as Science encompasses many disciplines, including the study of nature(which in itself would include the study of survival techniques adopted by organisms) I have to argue that point. It is PURELY scientific. The physical make-up and behavioral characteristics of bearded dragons (and all animals) is a scientific matter and not a spiritual one (or whatever else you are trying to suggest it is by stating it is not scientific).

I also have to suggest that your comparison of bearded dragons with dogs (you are HIS master) is completely ridiculous. This idea works with dogs because of a built in pack mentality that produces a hierarchal structure with dogs, they recognise a social leader. Bearded dragons however are not a pack animal, they are a solitary and territorial reptile and recognise a hierarchy only within their own species for the purposes of breeding behaviours.

Sorry if you think I am trying to "bash" your cuddly spiritual ideas of this animal but of course you can't blame me for stating my opinion, that is as you said what this forum is for.
Would just like to kknow where I can enrole my lizards to study science. He was a bit skittish when I first got him but I have not been to school since I have had herps and none of them went to night school.....IMO that would make it survival not science. We are the ones who use science and usually to explain the unexplainable.......My Blue tongue runs to his door knowing that I will let him out and have a little play. He plays Tugg of War, Hide and seek, follow the leader and shows that he is cross with me if he does not get out to play........So he must have studied science and using me as an experiment hey........
Just another question if all of their behaviour is stress ETC...why is it that you are not allowed to release a captive bred hatchie if they all have a wild instinct.....wouldn't be because the parent has passed on tolerence to the babies or because the have an imprint from the human as the food source....I have never been scared of my fridge (but it has not fallen on me yet either).

If your BHP is too much for you to handle you can always give him to me. I will get bitten every day if thats how much love he has to give.....also makes good action and blood shots for this forum....

meow

Ozianimals,

Releasing captive bred animals ( and animals held in captivity for that matter )
has little to nothing to do with "imprint" on humans, thats ridiculous.

Think about it.

Last edited:
As a carer for native animals I disagree as when we release an animal we have to get back in to the swing of being wild which means even hiding to get feed in to them. Then some animals who do get imprinted have to be kept and not released so if not imprinting what do you call it???

National parks or whatever doesnt care about the survival of single animals. The main reason for not allowing releases is purely the possibility of contaminating the local genepool.

Your right though native animal care groups like to ensure animals are not compelled to enter human areas for risk of them being harmed.

What reptile species are you talking about?

And your previous post i quoted is in regards to
releasing captive bred animals.

I'm gonna go ahead and award this thread:

First Prize in Getting Off Topic and Displays of Giant Ego's (mine included)

But whats the prize you may ask?

Half a can of warm Coke Zero and some crusts from a vegemite and cheese sandwich.

Congratulations.

*prizes are non refundable or redeemable for cash.

Everyone hassling dragon lady is saying that the animals are stressed because they are using natural instincts so captive bred or WC should not matter to those who were saying that they are scared of the big predator that keeps feeding them........My first post is aimed at those who know every animals language and just knows that the animals have no joy in seeing their human counterparts.........and it would be the same for all animals.....Imprinting lets them know wether they are safe or not and where their food comes from and if they should bite the hand that picks them up.......Thats why the more you handle an animal (not just reptile) the more placid they seem to get and the more accepting they are.
I don't know if they are happy or not but I know when my bluey is not happy and no I don't speak bluey......LOL......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back