Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, only reason I didn't get it first is its to much for me, And a little bigger then Bredli normally. I have seen your Bredli he is very nice :D They look nearly the same size aswell. :p

I love Bredli first, but I'm also an avid central Australia fan, I reckon the best species come from this area!!
I'm pretty sure our bredli are the same size mine is 5 months old and about 60cm long, how about your's???

I love Bredli first, but I'm also an avid central Australia fan, I reckon the best species come from this area!!
I'm pretty sure our bredli are the same size mine is 5 months old and about 60cm long, how about your's???
I think ad said 4-6months? Not sure. I'll measure her sometime after I can pick her up (just ate) But she is on pinkie rats. Yours is on fuzzy mice?

Yeah mines on fuzzy mice, just wanted to get some better skeleton structure and fur into his diet as pinkies have little nutritional value!!

Yeah mines on fuzzy mice, just wanted to get some better skeleton structure and fur into his diet as pinkies have little nutritional value!!
Oh ok. She must be digesting her food. Been in hot end hide box all day.

How many times have you checked in on her today??? lol
Not sure :lol: I am so paranoid... But I don't open the box, she keeps her tail out of the box so you can see she is in there.

She just pooped.. ITs HUGE :lol: Took her a day and a bit to do it.. Will it be ok to pick her up while I change towel?

When was she ffed before you got her? it normaly takes 4-5 days.

Got striked at twice, and nearly bitten when I got her out to put her in the other tub while I replaced towels..

HA ha my boy got me last night first time eva. Decided to feed em at about 12 so was a bit slow and dropped the rat, he was still waiting for it when i lfted lid he came flyin out and got my hand. I also lost a live rat in the house. dont ask!!!!! now gotta catch it before Fiance comes home.

HA ha my boy got me last night first time eva. Decided to feed em at about 12 so was a bit slow and dropped the rat, he was still waiting for it when i lfted lid he came flyin out and got my hand. I also lost a live rat in the house. dont ask!!!!! now gotta catch it before Fiance comes home.
Wow lol.. for a small snake she got me a bit scared.. She wouldn't back off.. She started at cold side and when she striked she woulcome closer till she was nearly out of the container, picked her up and she missed my pinky finger by a little bit.. After that she was cool with me though. My mum was like "don't let it bite you!!!" :lol:

Its not that bad while she is little better to get used to it now. i would just leave her for a week or so to settle in she had a big couple of days. (leave her till next feed) i know its hard

I don't pick her up , I'm not going to for a while.. I will get a probe therm so I can read the temp insted of opening the lid and checking with a temp gun I guess..

My bredli has been pretty pissed lately. I suspected he was going to shed, then got up this morning and he had. He was pretty nervous this arvo when i handled him, but he settled down. On had a pretend strike at me once. Hes only around 8 months old.

My bredli has been pretty pissed lately. I suspected he was going to shed, then got up this morning and he had. He was pretty nervous this arvo when i handled him, but he settled down. On had a pretend strike at me once. Hes only around 8 months old.
Adam said she shed a week ago, I'm not sure when he fed her, he said last week.. she is on the branch and I can hear her striking at the tub.. Could she want another pinkie rat?

Does anyone think I should feed another pinkie rat? Adam said she could prob take 2 but I only fed her one? she seems to be going around the branch and is more active, all she did was coil in the hot end hide last night and all day today?

Gee my bredli seems so placid compared to yours!! He hasnt even looked like having a go at me yet!! I got him out today as he had pooed so I needed to clean enclosure so I got him out for a stretch and even when he nearly fell off my arm and hit his lil head he just went back up my arm and continued to coast around unfazed!! I got him last Sunday he had been fed the day before on Saturday, he did a poo on the Tuesday so I fed him a pinkie on the Wednesday, handled first time on Friday then he did another poo on Saturday so I fed him a fuzzy on Sunday and started handling again on the Wednesday!! He seem's to have settled in fine and is handling great!! Here is 2 pics I took today, still not the greatest due to the cheap camera Ive got at the moment!! Cant wait to see some more pics of your's soon Dave, hope you dont mind me posting these on your thread mate!!

Irwin the lil rocker!!
016irwin.jpg

Irwin having a squiz around.
017irwin.jpg

Enjoy,
Bax

Hopefully she will be like that.. She seems ok once I have her, I think its just when I went to change the piece of paper towel I went over her at a angle so she prob thought I was something that wanted to kill/eat her. I'm just going to let her be for the next week, only open lid to change water etc. I'm going to get some probe therms so I don't need to open the lid to check temps.

What I tend to do when handling is let him start to move by himself as he likes to try and escape his enclosure and if his not in the mood I touch the back half of his body and these tends to get him on the move, once this is done I'll slide my hand underneath and gently lift him up following with my second hand for extra support and bobs your uncle, he's happy and Im happy minus the bites (so far) :) Hope I explained that well enough, any questions dont hesitate to ask, but yeah I would give him I little while longer then start handling and see how you go, this is my first ever python so Im in no way an expert!!
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention that I also have 2 click clacks, so once the one he is in is dirty I set the next one up and move him into it after I let him have some time out and about :D saves sticking your hands in there and him confusing me with a feed!!

Dave94-nice choice for first snake. Looks good in the pics so far. And as Bax said-they seem a popular choice at the moment! Definitely one of my favs. Going to pick up my 2nd hypo from Ad Saturday-can't wait! Our first little boy is a little fiesty-had him for a week now! Nice to see so many pics of other Bredli's at the moment though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back