My new Diamond: Your opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyror

Reaction score
Hi,

My name's Ben but you can call me Py, or Pyror if you like.

This is my new diamond, that i purchased about a month ago. Lately i've been having some doubts as to her pureness, could someone in the know shed some light on this situation for me?

I've been reading around the forum and have found some other posts from people in similar situations to this, but they have only frustrated me further.

She's approx. 3 months old and i paid the going rate for her. She's a champion feeder and i love her to bits! But having spent my money i want to know that i got what i paid for (as any one would!).

I would wait bit longer. In this stage is hard to give you definit answer. Photo is not that perfect.
I had one like this 2 years ago and everyone was teling me that snake is intergrade. You should look at him now, beautifull snake and people still can't make they mind if he is pure diamond.
I would advice you not to worry to much, just enjoy your snake.

what slateman said is true, but the markings on yours r rather enlongated for a diamond. i dont think its pure, but ive been wrong b4.

either way its not a bad looking snake :)

It will be interesting to see if the saddles disappear.

I've been told that they can't be pure Diamonds if they have saddles.
I could be wrong 2.

Em 8)

if its a nice python and you sound like you love it, then just do that love it.
its good to know for your own piece of mind. What if it is? But if its not a pure diamond will you take it back?

Thanks for your opinions. I'll definately enjoy her just as much, no matter how she turns out :D .

What gets me though, is that if she does turn out to be an intergrade/hybrid, then possibly i have been decieved. And if i have then it's likely that other ppl have also- which isn't right! :x

Of course i'm not ruling out the chance that the breeder doesn't know the history of his own snakes.

Slatey, when you say that it's hard to tell at this age, what defining characteristics will denote her as not being a pure diamond? What colours/patterns would an adult intergrade have that differs from a diamond?

I have seen the mother, but not the father.

I have also emailed the breeder, asking him (as politely as i could possibly be, because i could imagine that if he has bred them as pure bloods then he might take offence to my questioning) what he thinks of it all, and also whether he has a photo of the father available, and am waiting for a reply.

Well as a result, i was looking for a male diamond to raise with her as a possible breeding pair down the track... But now i'm thinking of looking for something different, maybe a bredli i'm thinking... Damn reptiles- once you start you can't stop! ;)

Sorry to hear that Ben.

We have 2 Mutts but we were informed from the beginning that they were not suitable to breed with. I appreciate the honesty.

As we are not really thinking of breeding, they are perfect little snakes, so far. Very nice colours, adapting well to being held and easy feeders.

All snakes are beautiful. lol
Em

Diamonds when they are hatchlings look like carpets. I havnt seen a hatchy that looks like yours tho. Just wait a while and the true markings will come out. For all you know it could turn out to be a very high yellow diamond :p

cheers

Jonny

I posted some pics about a year ago and asked the very same question cause I had some doubts about a couple of Diamonds I have. They looked a lot like your one.Well as time goes on they are looking more and more like real Diamonds all the time.

Greg.

Hybrid and intergrade are two different things.
If it is an intergrade then it is pure.
An intergrade is not a carpet X diamond.
Peter
Oh BTW, yeah, wait and see for a bit.

Py,yours looks to be a cross to me.Only reason i say that is because the rosettes are a bit too big even for such a young animal.That's just my opinion but as suggested wait and see.

I've seen a pic somewhere of a supposed true diamond with a full dorsal stripe.

Enjoy your pet python.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back