My new Diamond: Your opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What surprises me is how often this comes up with newbies posting pics of their new diamond and asking if it is a cross breed.The best is to find a good reputable breeder,ask plenty of questions,get pics if you can't view them personally and trust the breeders word that they are what they say they are.

Sorry but I completely disagree. It comes down to getting what you paid for.

-This was the sole reason as to why i began this thread. I am completely happy with this snake regardless of what she is. I just wanted to know whether my money bought for me, what i intended to buy.

However, i do believe she is a diamond (after some considering). I have been in contact with the breeder, who has since sent me a photo of the father, and that of another hatchling (a photo of the mother was posted on the second page of this thread) along with his assurances that they are true diamonds.

What surprises me is how often this comes up with newbies posting pics of their new diamond and asking if it is a cross breed.The best is to find a good reputable breeder,ask plenty of questions,get pics if you can't view them personally and trust the breeders word that they are what they say they are.

if you are lucky enough to come across a site like this BEFORE you buy your python that is! or have friends/family that have bought snakes before. i knew nothing or no one i could ask before i got my first diamond and pet shops :? were all i knew about getting a snake. its not like you can look up "Snake Breeders" in the yellow pages hey lol :wink:
hence i paid top price for my first snake as well. then to follow the trend i also had doubts about his purity but im starting to learn that its really hard to pinpoint exactly what a hatchy diamond looks like! greebs can i ask what makes you say its a diamond? i'm obviously no expert but i would have personally probably not bought it if i was after "pure" (not because its definitely not a diamond but simply because of the bands not being what I have previously associated with a pure bred hatchy diamond)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back