My new Diamond: Your opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pyror just dont name names that sumthing u dont want to get in to i imagin that the breeder would of said there where pure i dont know diamonds that well but from this thread it seems like they can change a fare bit from hatchie to adult but keep an eye on him and put more pics of him up as he gets bigger

I told you farkurnell that yours will turn out to be a diamond.

Thanks peterescue!
Intergrades and hybrids are totally different.... totally.

I would have to say that is a hybrid far to many saddles which are also quite large.
Diamonds can have saddles but if they do they are small more like a blob.
Crossed blood can show up many generations later and both parents of this animal could look like pure diamonds.

Hey browns i reckon thats a ummm..... port mac, wild guess though :)

yeah i was under the impression that pure diamonds had little to no saddles...but hey, im not that experienced...mine is supposedly pure but he has 1 - 2 very small bands near his tail end. plus i've even been told that his colours are too bright to be pure diamond lol...if that makes sense...ah well, i believe he's pure anyway but i might be biased :D :p

probly best to listen to the more experienced fellas advice and wait to see what he/she looks like when it gets older!

i can see why you have your doubts. the bands i would think should be smaller then that, but you can't really tell until the snake gets older and those bands begin to break apart. It is really a waiting game for here on in.

can you post pics of the parent you did see?

I just had my team of experts anylise this photo and we have concluded that it is indeed a Death Adder Acanthophis Antarcticus.

If anyone has pythons of the world then they could look to see if there are any scalation differences between the two types of snakes.

Thanks all for the comments. I'll be happy with her whether she turns out to be a Diamond or a Yellow Tail Black Cockatoo.

There are pics of diamonds on that link that Artie posted that have huge bands... so who knows?

Anyway, heres a pic of the mother of my python-

I was assuming coastal and diamond. But I suppose if you first check that the scalation matches a diamond python.

I think this method would probably only be good to indicate that a diamond has something else in it, rather than to indicate the diamond is pure.

By this I mean a hybrid diamond may have the right scales for a diamond so you it wouldnt prove the purity of the diamond.

If the hybrid had scales that did not match a diamond then it would be reasonable to suggest it contains genetic matter from some other type of carpet.

To me diamonds shouldnt have large bands/blotches like that, generally have smallish rosettes.
At the end of the day though, all you can do is view the parents and trust the breeder

NoOne,spot on mate...it is a Port Macquarie natural integrade.How did you guess :roll:

It could pass for a true diamond any day so looks can be deceiving :)

at the end of the day it comes down to weather your happy or not. if it turns out not to be a cross and your still happy with the snake then no love loss.

you just have to learn these things as you go along

hi pyror, it looks just like my intergrade when i first got her 12 months ago, but i'm no expert, one thing i will say is that my intergrade is the best looking and friendly snake we have, but that means nothing if you want a pure diamond,
cheers,
steve6610....

I agree with NoOne on a post made in the wanted section in calling intergrades Port Mac carpets.This would help the confusion between intergrades and hybrids.

at the end of the day it comes down to weather your happy or not. if it turns out not to be a cross and your still happy with the snake then no love loss.
Sorry but I completely disagree. It comes down to getting what you paid for. I believe the original python is in fact a Diamond but only time will tell for sure.If you buy snakes over the net without inspecting the parents of a hatchling, you are taking a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back