My next project from EBay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sd1981

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to show off my latest little acquisition from eBay, it cost me $2.75 (this is more of a brag for now, until I get cracking on the real work lol)...

the dimensions are 1950mm(H) x 1300mm(W) x 700mm(D). I'm going to sand and stain it, and going to do a fibreglass rockwall which will stand up to the claws of a small monitor. I'm going to use fibreglass cloth (weaved not chopped mat) as it doesn't give such a coarse finish with edges which could scratch or slice up my little mate... I will provide pics as I go... Wish me luck and any ideas please feel free to chip in...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 218
Haven't decided yet, but I believe that if you build it, they will come!!!!! (Can't hurt to have a spare enclosure, I will keep an eye out for something Albino-ish)....

a nice tropical looking enclosure with a eastern water dragon or olive would be awesome

look into getting some flow coat that you spray onto the fiberglass then gelcoat it or paint with twopack for a truly professional finish.

If you have a lot of contours you will have trouble draping woven rovings to fit the contours. I'd use the normal lightweight chopped strand mat and finish it with surface tissue to smooth it over. Finish with flowcoat (a waxed resin that fully cures to a hard, non-tacky surface) - if you finish with gelcoat, you'll end up with a slightly tacky finish (gelcoats are designed to retain a tacky, reactive surface because they are what you normally laminate the glass on to, they are not finishing resins...).

Jamie

Have a look at my build thread for my corner enclosure. It was almost the exact same unit that I made into two enclosures

YOU GOT THAT FOR $3??????????????????? What a bargain!!!!

DSC_0121.jpghey nice find mine cost me $30 lol looks like the same cabinet as yours..i have used half of cupboard down the bottom for his hide and other half for storage i just went with desert theme as "he" is a bredli now 14 months old just moved in there and he uses every part of it....good luck with your build and keep us updated.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back