Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redlittlejim

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so when i got my first snake i was so excited and my wife and I decided to name her. As with all our other pets, cat named "lola" and a dog named "Jager" we figured snakes deserve the same right to a name as well... however, after slowly building a collect up to 5 snakes and one boyd i think i am about to stop nameing... my wife however insist that everything be named :) even hinted at naming our box of woodies!!! Now we officially own,
Gin & Tonic = 2 Jungles, Cosmo = Boyd, Jager =Dog, Maitai = Coastal carpet, Ice T = Water python (when we get a male, we plan to call it long Island) and just got a Childrens python with no name as of yet... any suggestions?
Have a little theme going, except for the cat lol.
So care to share your names? or if you think its just rediculous to keep nameing them? What is the most that you have named?

P.S i was tempted to start a poll on whether we should keep going (wife) or stop (me) but i didnt know how to start one so just put your vote at the end of your message

Cheers

I guess being a girl I agree with your wife to keep naming :p Just think it's something to do with bonding to the animal? but a lot of work I guess if you're going to keep expanding!

I have Billie- The Dalmatian, Vegemite- The Cat, Toretto and Riddick- The eels, and Rizwan- the hatchling Jungle!

Ice T made me smile :p you could've named a boy Iced T and then named the girl after the actors girlfriend? ahaha

I haven't named any of my pets that don't come when called lol. Besides i'm horrible at thinking of names, my dog ended up being called Bruce because of it.

Continuing the theme you got going would be easy =p Children's are generally brown.. So choose a brownish alcohol, a brand of bourbon maybe lol.

Well I opted to call it jim or beam but as it's a girl I think my wife wants to call it martini :) which is good. My wife I shocked that my friend has not named all 15 of his snakes and is goin to force me to name all the hatchlings no doubt

I give mine names not cause they will respond but cause I'm lazy... saves me saying "hey can you change the water on the male jungle carpet python... the one in the other room on the right "much easier to say "change Graham's water will ya". This way people know which one i exactly mean lol.

all of ours have names.. except the hold backs as we havent decided on definite keepers. we have peaches,skittles, rosie,digits - beardie girls freddo - beardie boy . peanut and cashew the water dragons. hissy and cranky the bluies. natiri the pygme. tiger and wally (as in where the hell is he hiding now) boyds. squiggles the frilly.. cos hes covered in ... also getting two snakes that are already called eki and cookie

I love naming my animals.
Abyssi, Necris, Odious, Grim, Toxyn, Cyanide, Eris and Hades are all snake names I've given.

When I bred mice a couple years ago I even used to name every breeder mouse. Ended up with at least 20+ names going on. Names like Iris, Moo, Febris, Lyssa, Symmetry, Selene, Lillin, Hitze and Schwarz were just a few.

Thank goodness other people have named their reptiles!

I was thinking I'd gone a little soft in the head by naming my female Bredli.

I called her Flame because she's a feisty redhead.
The two cats I have are called *****head and Ra.

I find it easier to name them, partly cause I enjoy doing so and also because my friends and family know which one I'm talking about. My beardie is Gomez, my jungles are Ralph, Penny, Leonard & Ellie.

I name evrything,even my plants in the house.we have scratchie the cat,pinkiedinx the dog,squish the beardie,sookie noosh the jungle bub,dominic the bredli and little slick the other bredli,slags the budgie and boof the canary.:lol:im hoping to get a bubs childreni for my birthday and already the names im trying to choose from are sookie la-la,bubsanoosh,gizmo,ralf,bozo.use anything u like.schnapps is a cool word to say and spell,and it's booze.

As long as you don't start a poll "what should I name my snake?" you should be fine. A lot of people will name their pythons/lizards etc. :D

I have Charlie, Nagini, Ophelia and **** face.

my pythons current name is sookie la-la, la-la for short coz he is such a bloody sook! trying to think of a better name for him but la-la has kinda set...

I have 2 in my collection with names my 10 year old darwin named bitey because well i think his name says it all and miss meogee a female central bearded named after karate kid wax on wax off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back