Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
id love to see mainly pyhons of all sorts, i have seen plenty of diamond and coastal pics, but what about the rest. maybe a wild bredli or jungle. all feel free to post herp pics in there natural habbitat.

I have a few. Not the best photos but still wild in their wild estate..
Lace monitor behind racetrack Kempsey
006-1.jpg

Lacie in Maria National Park, Kempsey
P1050263.jpg

Lacy crossing bush track Hat Head National Park (30 minutes from Kempsey)
019.jpg

Jacky Dragon on a fence post Old Station Road Kempsey
018-1.jpg

Poor red belly same area :(
012.jpg

Eastern Brown Snake crossing road another National Park near Hat Head
014.jpg

Python in bush beside my house
136.jpg

Skink of somesort Hat Head Beach
055.jpg

another skink behind Kempsey racetrack
130-1.jpg

Eastern Water Dragon on a rock I think this was up the windy road to North Brother Lookout Laurieton
P1100627.jpg

Red Belly Old Station Road Kempsey, didn't want to stop to say hello
3ftredbellyMar09.jpg

this is the same python as above, he went up the tree
144.jpg

A female python I picked up along Crescent Head Road, saved her life from egg bound, this photo she is going home after spending 5 months with me
P1040583.jpg

Another red belly not wanted his picture taken
P1050158.jpg

a cheeky eastern beardy slinking across the road Hat Head National Park
071-1.jpg

2 more beardies I spotted peering over the top the rock. They didn't move when I snuck around to get some pics
073.jpg

7th pic is a diamond? if so it's very nice. i like it =)

Very nice pics, love seeing them in the wild, thanks for sharing them
If it's of interest to you...
The first skink looks like an Eastern Striped Skink, Ctenotus robustus
and the second skink an Eastern Water Skink, Eulamprus quoyii

7th pic is a diamond? if so it's very nice. i like it =)

No not a diamond but a diamond/coastal intergrade found on Mid-North Coast. She is a beautiful girl. I loved her. I even gave her name - LUCY. I wonder how she is doing. I hope she is still alive and well.

Henry always has to come along and take the attention away :p You have incredible talent with your camera. I guess its time I started learning how to use my camera to see if I could take pictures as good as that. I love the little gecko. He is cute.

Here is a murray darling I found on the Murray River in SA.

picture.php

Kath, it's all practice, and I always take alot of photos and select the best. I still take some very ordinary photos (which I delete). I particularly like you jacky dragon photo and the carpet being defensive. They are both great looking animals.

OP: Well done finding a Murray Darling carpet on the murray. I hope you informed the NPWS of this sighting... I believe they are a listed species in SA and any information as to remaining populations would greatly benefit their protection and conservation.

-H

This is one I snapped up at Fraser Is. Didn't mind his picture being taken at all.

Thats a beautiful monitor Banjo. Lacy? I can never tell when they get further up the coast. All those biggies look the same, to me. I love the dark ones with the pronounced yellow markings. I especially like the dark lacies that look like they are wearing muzzles around their mouth. I have seen a few juvenile lacies from our area. Their markings are beautiful and some of the lines on them even look blue. Now blue tape around the mouth looks really cool :D

nothing flash here, but these are some wild pythons, I have only seen 3 subspecies of pythons in the wild, including

2 Morelia spilota mcdowelli (scotts head, byron bay)
about 10 Morelia spilota (intergrades) I have seen all these up where I am, I do not see these very often, once I did spend 3 days looking for them at a friend house in the mountains, we found the last one on the last day on the roof of an old shed, I see most around our house, we only just recently started seeing them, as one was brumating in our wood shed.
3 Morelia spilota spilota (north sydney, ourimbah)

anyway here are the pics, the head shot and the pair are diamonds, the other 2 are intergrades. these are actually the best pictures I have got as I have never really photographed them much, which I regret. I have no pics of the coastals as they were 3 years ago before I even started to use a camera, only just started photographing 2 years ago, before that I used to just look for them, now I mainly go to photograph them.

anyway they are nothing flash, but will post them anyway, some of you may have seen some of them before

Attachments

• PA070084.JPG
    PA070084.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PA070073.JPG
    PA070073.JPG
    606.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P2200004.JPG
    P2200004.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 45
  • P2210066.JPG
    P2210066.JPG