Ne1 got an Oscar Fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TELDAC

Reaction score
Hey

Got an oscar fish on the weekend and was just wanting to know some info on them if anyone else has one....

Like how big do they get?.....And what do they like to eat etc?....

Any info would be gr8....

Cheerz

my cousins kept an oscar and they just fed it pellets but i don't what was in them!!They get pretty big

Hey

Got an oscar fish on the weekend and was just wanting to know some info on them if anyone else has one....

Like how big do they get?.....And what do they like to eat etc?....

Any info would be gr8....

Cheerz

They get to about 30cm, from my experience. They'll eat Cichlid pellets, feeder fish, small shrimp and yabbies, bloodworms and goldfish (small enough to fit in there mouth.

ha ha.....Can ya put 2 oscars together??....Cus they are an agressive fish!...

they are goin' great Teldac!!!They all had a feed then and they must be pretty full!!!!

ha ha.....Can ya put 2 oscars together??....Cus they are an agressive fish!...

Yes you can. I had one, then I put another with it, and it was really territorial, then they both died due to fighting. Then I got them at the same time, and they were as good as gold.
So yeah, get them at the same age/size and purchase them together in the future.

You can put to together but it can take a long time to find two compatible fish. Easier to just stick with one. They aren't a very social fish so being alone doesn't seem to faze them. We tried introducing another Oscar to our fella but he loves being king of his castle. He got very stressed with the other fish around, didn't eat well and they never stopped fighting. We eventually gave the other one back and our fella settled down again in no time.

Keep in mind also that each fully grown Oscar will need 300L water. That's one big tank. Get more Oscars and you will need to double that for each Oscar

We also only feed frozen and live food as they love it i think that pellets are an insult to such a nice fish

Lewy

Yes you can. I had one, then I put another with it, and it was really territorial, then they both died due to fighting. Then I got them at the same time, and they were as good as gold.
So yeah, get them at the same age/size and purchase them together in the future.

Man they sound like angry fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back