Ne1 got an Oscar Fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I think your taking it all a bit too seriously, just like the people in this thread you're complaining about. I was merely having a joke. Anyway, I'm off to bump my orchid thread.......

Temps should be around 27deg all year round don't for get that they are a cichlid and come from Africa

Hey lewy , Oscars are actualy from south America , not Africa , Different pH and hardness than most comonly kept African cichlids- might of just been a typo but who knows...

, Cheers.

Hey lewy , Oscars are actualy from south America , not Africa , Different pH and hardness than most comonly kept African cichlids- might of just been a typo but who knows...

, Cheers.

LOL bugger yer i stuffed up cheers for the correction:oops:

LOL no they don't have teeth but do have a very hard gum like thing and yes it can draw blood my missus noes first hand hehehe

Yer he will settle in in a few weeks time and start to get used to u

How big/old is he??

Man this thread has sure turned to **** and totally off subject overnite.........

Anyways Lewy he/she is already about 15cm not sure how old he is exactly and he is black/gold/orange......

He has started to come alive today, follows us around the room and gets excited when we open the lid....lol....I would **** myself if he grabbed onto me....lol.....

The friend that owns it when he used to open the lid to feed him the fish would jump up out of the water try to grab d food....lol....

Whether Oscar have teeth or not, they can and do bite! Ollie, our albino, took a chunk out of my daughters finger. She actually had a little piece missing! It was quite a show & tell. Her class was impressed, lol.
I have heard that they can be taught to jump through hoops too.

Man this thread has sure turned to **** and totally off subject overnite.........

Anyways Lewy he/she is already about 15cm not sure how old he is exactly and he is black/gold/orange......

He has started to come alive today, follows us around the room and gets excited when we open the lid....lol....I would **** myself if he grabbed onto me....lol.....

The friend that owns it when he used to open the lid to feed him the fish would jump up out of the water try to grab d food....lol....

Cool good to hear that hes doing well just watch the jumping for food as they are very strong

A friend of mine has came home to fined his Oscar has knocked the lid off/open and then died from carpet disease

Some nights i hear my Oscar smacking the top off the glass i go out to see and fined him trying to catch a moth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back