Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slip_phreak

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im kind of stuck on what kind of python to buy next as i am wanting to get one that will grow bigger than my current yearling stimmy.
What would you guys choose and why out of these:
1) Carpet
2) Bredli

Im leaning towards the Bredli but am more than happy for suggestions of other breeds of snakes that arent overly expensive eg. BHP, Green Tree Diamond...

Cheers :p

hmm what are their temperments like?? as i have never handled one... and how active are they usually seing as my stimmy is a ground dweller and bredli's are arboreal (i think) or how ever you spell it and my stimmy doesnt do all that much aside from ****ting and eating and lieing in his hide box

i'll be different... i'll say go for a Murray Darling... Beautiful looking, generally have fantastic temperaments, grow to a decent size and aren't too expensive.

Cheers,
Misky

next herp

I don't mean to sound like a smart a#se but the bredli is a carpet python just known as a centralian carpet found in the desert regions where as the coastal or eastern carpet can be found in se qld.But as for what you want to get for your next snake you have to decide yourself as all snakes are beautiful even the venomous ones.Having said that i ersonally would go with a centralian carpet as they have beautiful colours and handle extremely well

Re: next herp

snakey said:
I don't mean to sound like a smart a#se but the bredli is a carpet python just known as a centralian carpet found in the desert regions

Dont worry you dont sound like a smart **** at all.

Bredli or Centralian isnt classed as a Morelia spilota :wink:

Matt

RE: Re: next herp

Bredli! Cos I want one too! And then a shingleback!

RE: Re: next herp

hmm okay glad to see most people have come to the general consensus of what i was thinking of getting which is cool. Now all i gotta do is find someone who breeds them in NSW and may still have some of last years clutch on hand if not its a wait till January or so for me lol

Bredli :)

If I had a choice I'd go Bredli...well actually I'd love a Woma...but thats a different story!

Shinglebacks are cool- ours are a real hoot! Such personalities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back