Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sher_khan13

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so ive been itching to get a big snake for a while now but am still undecided as to what to get. been thinking olive or coastal but am still open to suggestions!
if people could post some pics/experiences and also maybe some reccomended breeders that you think might help me make a decision thatd be great
thanks in advance guys! :)

How big do you want to go? What are you keeping now? I handled a mates big bredli and I thought it was awesome.

IMAG0212.jpgIMAG0189 (Small).jpgIMAG0188 (Small).jpgDSC02642 (Small).JPGPICT0012 (Small).JPG

Depends on how big you want big .These pics are of my 3 bigger ones but they still have more growing to do yet

Me personally would love a nice big Retic or Burm if you could have one here legally.

Last edited:
well at the moment i only have a 9 month old spotted and a class 1 license but ever since joining this forum and seeing everyones big beautiful beasts theyre all i can think about haha. i would really like something that get to at least 6 ft minimum, they just look like so much fun!

wow joemal :) they're awesome.
I have a bredli thats only small at the moment but he will grow pretty big, he is a sweet heart too :)

If you want a bigger chunky snake then Blackheaded Pythons generally have a good temperament and few problems.

Yea BHPs are great, cant believe how fast our bloke has grown, from 1 foot to 5 foot in 18 months. Never tried to bite & completely toilet trained.

DSC_0272.jpgDSC_0091.jpg

and a retic and an albino burmese (bilonga Longqi) for Joemal!

If you want something 6-8ft get a carpet.
If you want something 8-10ft get a BHP
If you want something 10-12ft get an Olive
If you want something 12ft plus that bites a lot, get a scrubby.

hmmm yea i think im definitely leaning more towards a BHP now :)
can anyone recommend some breeders for me to check outtt??

in sydney but im more than happy to travel for a few hours for the right snake :)

Sorry cant help, Darwin might be a bit too much of a drive and I only know local breeders. Good luck with it though!

i have a lil coastal carpet she a sweety... ill be getting another one soon..

i do have a friend who breeds coastals and all of them are absolute crackers! this is his sisters coastal that is about a year old.
225033_10150235582824740_579859739_8725244_5850167_n.jpg

Go thru snake ranch they are amazing and their black heads are only $250 each at the moment, apart from the waiting for them part its an awesome deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back