Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a male Spyder and nooooooooooo you can't have him .He is a big sook until it comes to feed time .Check the vid out and see what i mean .Poofy the Coastal Carpet - YouTube

Yikes! That makes me think of those emails that get round with the videos that are all tranquil and quiet etc, then some big, scary thing pops out and scares the crap out of people :D
Love it!

I like that video :) I'll have to wait a while before I get one like that, my two big snakes are wimps. My coastal doesn't strike at his food or coil around it and can spend 20 minutes sniffing before eating. My jungle doesn't strike but will coil. When I fed him yesterday I put the rat against his mouth and he just sniffed it. I did it again and he gently opened his mouth and took the rat. Big sook!

Here's a video of my coastal when I gave him food last week:

Giving Samson dinner - YouTube

Last edited:
Well black headed pythons probably have the nicest nature- according to all my experience
Carpets- I had one that litterally tried to kill me- bit my nose then started coiling hard around my neck! lucky someone else was there to get him off
Olives- A bit bitey sometimes but you can grow them out of that with regular handling
Woma- Not an overly big snake but they make the cutest and most friendly of snakes- they grow about 2.5m
Scrubs- I breed scrub pythons- yes they are bitey and its not an easy thing for them to grow out of, if you get a scrubby handle it every day and take it places with you, eg: outside, around the house, lake (if you have one) and just general places but dont take it into town lol, treat a scrubby right you'll wonder why people bad mouth them so much ;)
Also as for carpets they are not all like the one that tried to kill me lol, a nice carpet you can get is an albino darwin- they normally for a hatchie cost $800-$1100 for an adult around $2000- $4000 for something really good,i personally wouldnt be paying more than $4000 for something that isnt a pair :)

I've ordered a BHP from Snakeranch. $250 for a hatchie, but you have to wait for the next season. I've only heard good things about them, and they're so lovely to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back