New Herp room - All new Enclosures Too.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys thanks for the comments.
The weight is actually very good, as i have only used 3mm sides.
The top Glass tracks are beleive it or not Liquid nailed into place, and come to think of it, so are the bottom ones.

No dramas with them loosening up on you yet?

No not at all- a good freind of mine (I work with him sometimes) is a Glazier and it was him who suggested it.
Another Builder freind of mine(Same thing) also agreed that it would be the best way.

Screwing glass tracks into steel can be a pain as i found out so this was the solution.

Moose

2nd hand building places can be good for cheap double flouro holders,i got heaps like brand new with plugs ready to use in 4 foot sized doubles,10 bucks each

Thanks crush , if i was to make them to sell i wouldnt be making them out of steel due to transport costs.

2nd hand building places can be good for cheap double flouro holders,i got heaps like brand new with plugs ready to use in 4 foot sized doubles,10 bucks each

when your dads in construction you get them for free. i had at my finger tips around 40 16 foot (4x4ft) battens.. )

i was drooling..

They are looking so great, I just have 2 questions:
1. (hope this doesn't sound rude... but) how much is each enclosure costing you? Approximately?
and 2. when can you come to my place and knock together a couple for me?
Cheers
Lesa

Hey Ricko - Not just yet.. waiting on Glass lights etc.

Lesa - I worked out it roughly costs me about $400 Per Bank of Enclosures - regardless of how many Enclosures per bank . Excluding Globes. This is going to be a killer i know that.

I'll come and knock a few up when you put the Jack Daniels On!

the plans look promising, can't wait to see the finished product! Hope it all turns out great :D

thals 8)

hey,
thats awsome, can i ask were did ya get the metal frames from?

Luke

Hi Luke1 ,

Thanks, I made the Steel frames-Well at least i cut the steel and welded it together.

o, i reackon it makes it look a hole lot better instead of seeing all wood. and it blocks out that liney thing when you buy ply wood (one the edges) :?
this is my best enclosure (its my first 1....and im 13) :D

its got 2 enclosures (as you can see) and you can't see a hatchie rack thing which holds 16 containers!

Last edited:
excelent enclosures moose and luke,
Luke,
im 14 and have already made 5 enclosures!!! now i have to get a job to save up to put reps in them because im broke after making 4 in the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back