New Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I don't think it is, looks too big and coloration is wrong. Late night didn't give the thread the attention it deserved.

Pygmy stimsons are found around the mt carbine area in FNQ they are noticably smaller than other stimsons and are usually banded or have stagered bands from the middle of the back. I dont believe it is a seperate subspecies.

O.K guys to try put some light on the subject but not to get into a argument about local , habitat, of if they are really a dwarf version of a stimson....

i bought the original parents from another bloke in my local area about 8-10 years ago cant remember the excact date i guess it would be in my record books somewhere lol ....

the bloke i bought them off was given a few from the bloke that caught them from the wild years earlier and breed them . then i bought my first pair and was breeding them ever since . untill now ive sold all my animals but have set up a line with a mate and sold the rest to others such as mike .

the bloke i bought them off said to me they came from near mosman which is probly mount carbine i dont no or care and dont want to get into the differance in climate dry to tropical between the 2 areas mount carbine to mosman is about 16 -30 kms apart . but very different in climate . ect

now about the animal in question ..

they grow to about 50 cm some a little larger weigh about 200 grams some a bit larger but are about 1/2 -1/3 in size to a regular stimo . not to be confused with perthensis a little larger then perthensis . the stims are a little bit chunkier . the pygmy stims have a more depressed head and different in shape to a standard stimo . they are not a sub species but some are trying for it !

the colour change in my line i had is huge some days they go almost black other days they are so light almost white between the bands . average clutch is 7 and did get a clutch of 10 once so more then perthensis . another thing they have is very good banding .. another good thing with the animals i was selling was they where all captive breed . and yes ive sold all my pygmy stims now and just wrote this to help Mike out ......

Thanks Andy for the info I could not give much info on them as I didn't know much and wouldn't want to post wrong info.

I think my snake from Andy is great I did not make this thread for people to argue about habitat, or if they are really a dwarf version of a Stimson or anything else I asked Andy if he could post some info as I didn't know how to reply to some comments now that is cleared up just wanted to show some pics and have a look at other members one's if they have any.

Thanks again Andy for the info, If any one else has some pics feel free to add them.

heres a pic of one my son and i caught at mt carbine.
if the pic works

Attachments

• cape york 2 020.jpg
    cape york 2 020.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 68
Thanks mate was a good weekend that one got 5 stimmys a slatey and a black whip.
The kids loved it they didnt want to come home lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back