Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Kace

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this site, having only found out about it a few days ago.

I've been a snake enthusiast for many years, but being a kiwi, the prospects of owning one as a pet were decidedly limited until I moved over here with my girlfriend about 6 months ago.

So now I live in Melbourne and I am really looking forward to realising my dream of owning a pet snake! And yes, I've discussed it with my girlfriend, who is at least open to the idea as long as I don't let it sleep with us. I wouldn't, but only because I would be afraid of squishing it!

But snakes aside, a little about me. I'm a computer nerd. I play a lot of computer games and work in IT. I like playing board games and I'm into pen and paper roleplaying too. I enjoy painting the little figures as well. Other than that I like reading a lot of books and strolling through the parks in Melbourne. :)

Anyway, I'm going to write a seperate question post with more details and questions related to what I'm looking for. I look forward to hearing from you guys, and also sharing the joy, once I have my own wriggly fella!

JK

Welcome mate,

If you use the search function at the top you will find a LOT of answers to a LOT of questions...if you can't find it then ask away, plenty of people to help...

My goodness... I'm an egg?!

Love your quote Aslan. I've been browsing and searching and found a lot of helpful information. I just want some specific help and clarification now. :)

Ashleigh, I don't know!! I want a snake that's going to grow to a decent size, but I realise that is something I may have to work up to as it's probably not the best for a beginner. I like the size of the black headed python. Otherwise I'd like something with a pleasant temperament as I'd like to have a hold every now and then. I'd like something with a pretty pattern as well, but that's the least of my concerns. Looks don't matter to me really. I'll be looking for more help choosing in my help post.

Thanks!

JK

Well if you got a hatchling bhp by the time it is that size you will ready for it.
I got a maccie for my first snake and now wish i had a full grown snake as it will be a long time until they are full grown, so i jumped ahead and got an olive LOL should grown quick!!

Check out the gallery and see what tickles your fancy, normally stimsons. childreni, spotteds (maccies), bredli, coastals & bhp's quite docile, but each snake has its own personality.

Get back to me with what ever one you like!
And when you do eventually get it, be sure to POST PICTURES!!! LOL

Size shouldn't turn you off a carpet - provided you have the space they will be great a first snake...

yes, everyone looooves pictures, so here's my new baby girl - she's my first, a childreni, and she's about 3 months old.

this site is tops, you'll find all you need to know here

welcome :D

Attachments

• tiny girl.jpg
    tiny girl.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 85
we have a friend called justin case, he goes to all the parties and bbqs. just sits in the esky justin case.
cheers.
sorry:)

Hey! Welcome to the site you will love it!. I have a black-headed python hatchling and he is great for handling and has never hissed, stricken or biten at all, very docile, but like said all snakes have there own temperment. Good luck choosing a snake. Cant wait to see pics! :)

Noni that's sooo beautiful!!! I'm getting so damned excited about this! I'm so happy my girlfriend is ok with snakes!!!!!! It's be a terrible choice to have to make. :p

Kia ora JK welcome to the site you will get along with everyone here well... There are also plenty of kiwi's here as well... Make your self at home and post pics when you get ur new lil baby :D

Noni that's sooo beautiful!!! I'm getting so damned excited about this! I'm so happy my girlfriend is ok with snakes!!!!!! It's be a terrible choice to have to make. :p

Mate my missus 'allowed' it but wasn't keen...less keen when she saw an adult Bredli at Australian Reptile Centre...

...then...

...I took her to Glimmerman's place when I picked out my little girl and she fell in love immediately, was holding the hatchlings without any problems and has even been harassing me about when we pick her up...that's the trick, let her help you pick a young one, she'll love it...

...p.s. my missus has never like large dogs...we now own a Great Dane that she picked out as a puppy - trust me, it works ;)

Haha, good to hear Aslan. I want a Great Dane too! She's not so keen on that though. She's quite little and thinks it would bowl her over all the time. Getting her to see it as a puppy will be the trick I'm sure!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back