Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys reckon...
Im down to choosing between a Spotted, a Stimson or a Bredli Python... Find one with good colours and patterns and I'll be sold I reckon...
Any special considerations I need to take into account for any of these, or is it just the usual equipment required...
Let me know if I miss anything but so far next week im gettin...;

Enclosure - comes with light and UV light fittings and built in thermo
Heat pad
Water bowl
Hiding area on heat pad AND at other end of enclosure
Branches and climbing stuff
and of course a substrate - which im not sure what to use...

Anything I'm missing guys...?

Welcome :) I'm new to the workd of snakes too. I'm going to pick up my very first snake this weekend. I asked much the same question about what a good first snake is. Most people just told me to get the snake I liked most, research it and think about whether you can completely commit to the needs of that particular snake.I decided on a little stimmie (a recurring theme on this thread) mostly because of thier smaller size

Welcome :) I'm new to the workd of snakes too. I'm going to pick up my very first snake this weekend. I asked much the same question about what a good first snake is. Most people just told me to get the snake I liked most, research it and think about whether you can completely commit to the needs of that particular snake.I decided on a little stimmie (a recurring theme on this thread) mostly because of thier smaller size, beautiful colour/pattern & no special requirements.Good luck :)

Welcome :) I'm new to the workd of snakes too. I'm going to pick up my very first snake this weekend. I asked much the same question about what a good first snake is. Most people just told me to get the snake I liked most, research it and think about whether you can completely commit to the needs of that particular snake.I decided on a little stimmie (a recurring theme on this thread) mostly because of thier smaller size

Welcome :) I'm new to the workd of snakes too. I'm going to pick up my very first snake this weekend. I asked much the same question about what a good first snake is. Most people just told me to get the snake I liked most, research it and think about whether you can completely commit to the needs of that particular snake.I decided on a little stimmie (a recurring theme on this thread) mostly because of thier smaller size, beautiful colour/pattern & no special requirements.Good luck :)

Hi Becky,
Thanks for your comment, yeh I've decided on a Stimmie as well, now just have to find one hahaha... You goin with a hatchling or a juvenile stimmie?
Im after a hatchling. But one that has already started feeding.

Cheers.

We're getting a juvenile ( about 8 months) from a breeder we found on this forum.I'm new to this but from what i've read on here, hatchies don't usually start appearing until closer to Summer. You might find someone who has a few early hatchings though.What state are you in?

Hey Becky,
Yeah im in Liverpool, NSW.
Theres been a select few advertising hatchies here and there but none I've seen that I REALLY like yet, and I dont wanna wait til like Dec hahaha
I was thinking today when I was talking a guy at 'Extreme Pets' in Liverpool here who has some juvenile spotted and stimsons, I might get one and then a hatchie later on.
Lets face it, I'm not gonna be happy with just one HAHAHA.
Hey have you heard of a 'Platinum' Stimson, he said he had a few of those...?
Cheers.

Hey Nathan,
I think they call them the Hatchling Haven. It's the only black acrylic hatchling box I've seen in shops. Check with your nearest pet shop which sells Reptile One stuff and hopefully, they can tell you. Just re: your comment that you can't handle them for the first year, I assume you're talking about your soon to be pet hatchling snake. That's not true mate. Don't handle them for about the first 7 to 10 days so they have time to settle down, after that, I try to handle all my hatchlings for about 10mins every couple of days, then gradually daily until they get used to being handled. Once they're used to you, it's then up to you how much you want to handle them. You don't have to wait a year before handling them.
Cheers.

Hey Nathan,
I get quite a lot of my stuff from Extreme Pets too as I'm not far from them. I know they have the Hatchling box in their shop. Just ask the guys there.
Cheers.

Hi Dragon,
By 'hatchie' Im referring to the snake LOL want a small one so I can watch it grow...
but yeh, i was in there (Extreme Pets) at about lunchtime today... bought that exact hatchling box with the clear top and front, some substrate, heat mat, small cave... oh and a red jewel cichlid... LOL :)
Yeh about the handling thing, heard it somewhere and repeated it, thought it was stupid, and have since done more research only to find its rubbish.
I hate it when ppl lead u up the garden path... :( all good now
Hey Dragon what suburb or whereabouts are you?

hey buddy, im a newbie myself but this sites a great place for info, help and buying :)
anyways id go a stimson or bredli, the bredlis look better but stimsons are great low maintance snakes compared to the others :)
anything you needa ask, ask away :)

Im down to choosing between a Spotted, a Stimson or a Bredli Python...
my first snake was a childrens python... but i reckon go the bredli mate, awesome snakes.
P8020010.jpg

Haha, i agree Bredli's are awesome... had one for about 2 months now lol

Attachments

• DSCF0217.jpg
    DSCF0217.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back