Night Tiger Hand Feeding Video

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

After much frustration i finally figured out a way to get my Night Tigers to feed consistently. I have been using this method for a couple of months now with great success. They are both growing rapidly after a somewhat slow start, and many wasted food items. The initial mouse is assist fed, sometimes it takes a few mins and a couple of attempts to get them going, but once they get the first one down it is all too easy. My apologies for the quality; this was recorded on a digital camera. Enjoy! :D

[video=youtube;j3VvMJa8wN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VvMJa8wN4[/video]

OMG what a fantastic video! I didn't have time to watch the whole thing (at work) but how many mice does it take in a feed? How does their metabolism differ from pythons? Do you feed them weekly?

Are you planning on breeding them? I would love night tigers down the track...

Normally i give them 5 each, but on this occasion the snake had 8, as they were a bit smaller than usual, plus the snakes are growing rapidly, and the other one wouldn't eat as it is about to shed (i already had 10 culled). :D

It was still looking for more afterwards too... :)

NightTigerStillHungry.jpg

Nice looking night tigers.
The method seems to work a treat, also were you feeding it on your lap?

hehe, it's so cute n skinny without the train of mice it was eating. It's all face *giggles* Aw, I just want to hug it

wow, that's awesome. . . thanks for sharing!
I love at about 1:33 how he just looks at the mouse like 'are you gonna give it to me, or do I actually have to move?!'
great looking snake too! Never knew they could fit down that many mice in a feed!

Thats awesome,they are magnicent snakes,seen a couple 6months ago,their stunning,thanx for sharing...I love their big beady eyes...

Great Vid. We should have more video post on this site. Especially when they are sharing information or techiniques. Keep 'em coming!

I take it they have a diminished feeding response compared to pretty much any python? would DEFINITELY not be game to do this with my jungles lol

Outstanding effort Brendon, Stunning Candy canes as well.
That is one snake Id love to have in my collection.

Thanks guys, i'd been meaning to do it for a while, as i thought it was quite cool to watch. I enjoy feeding these guys now, whereas it used to be a real pain in the ***, and usually a waste of time. :)

awsome snakes! love to get some! i did that when my spotted stopped eating for awhile and then when he did start eating again he took a hole packet of mice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back