Not happy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and violence is always the answer shrinkie violence solves everything .................. everything

lucky they didnt have a spade handy !!!
No geckoboy you keep writing correctly all of the time , you impressed lots of older people with your ability only to let yourself down on full stops . i know my 15 yr old son could not put that many words together in a month :)

oh and violence is always the answer shrinkie violence solves everything .................. everything

Hehehe, should be enough full-stops in this post to counteract your previous one! :p (just joking with ya!)

Thanks for all the kind words everyone:)!

Following the vet exam (including x ray), it appears the visible injuries are mostly superficial (therefore not as much of a concern), however, she does have an apparent crush injury (not suprising, really) including broken ribs, some trauma to the vertebrae and likely internal damage to the lower stomach, pancreas, spleen, gall bladder and lung (though no blood is visible around her nose/ mouth- so fingers crossed on the lung). Good movement in the lower half of her body (good sign). I've decided to keep her warm overnight and try feeding over the next few days to see if she's able to defecate properly, unless anyone has a better idea?

She's already had a big drink and is "shuttling" and generally doing other snakey things ATM which is encouraging:).

I'll update for those following.

Attachments

• Tilly injury 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    Tilly injury 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Tilly injury 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    Tilly injury 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 92
IV, I have to say, out of SOOOO many posts/threads on here, I actually LOOK for yours! Always enlightening, usually happy endings... So, with this in mind, I wish your girl a full and speedy recovery, and successful laying (if she has any left?), for that happy end result all round! :)

Kudos to you, once again, for your tireless efforts to help our wildlife! xoxo

Thanks, Carolyn, you always say the nicest things:)!

Goodonya again IV. That's another coupla beers waiting for you in the fridge mate!

Thanks, Sarah, it's short for "Tillbuster Creek" which is her home turf.

thats disgusting IV! their parents should be ashamed.

They would be if they knew bet they have no idea what their little darlings get up to

I think he did quite well for a 12yr old, my 17yr old brother couldn't write that well.

I'm not having a go at gecko boy (he's a victim of the system) but it shows how woeful the education system is these days, when I went to school in the 60's if my spelling, grammar and punctuation were that bad I would have been in detention for a month.Here we are in the 21st century with teachers demanding more money for doing less and children are being let down by the education department.It's no wonder the young people can't spell or use proper punctuation.
Sorry rant over.

Last edited:
oh and moussaka i put full stops in school work but it's holidays so i can't be bothered using brain power on full stops so yea :D

Sorry kiddo but effective communication is a skill that is just as important out of school as in. ;)

@IV I'm really glad to hear she's recovering! Best of luck!

What these little so and so's did is sad indictment of what's in store for future generations. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone:)!

Following the vet exam (including x ray), it appears the visible injuries are mostly superficial (therefore not as much of a concern), however, she does have an apparent crush injury (not suprising, really) including broken ribs, some trauma to the vertebrae and likely internal damage to the lower stomach, pancreas, spleen, gall bladder and lung (though no blood is visible around her nose/ mouth- so fingers crossed on the lung). Good movement in the lower half of her body (good sign). I've decided to keep her warm overnight and try feeding over the next few days to see if she's able to defecate properly, unless anyone has a better idea?

She's already had a big drink and is "shuttling" and generally doing other snakey things ATM which is encouraging:).

I'll update for those following.

Might be illegal but I think you going to have to hold onto her for more than a few days

IV what a good guy you are. Would love to send you a nurse uniform but I'm not sure you would wear it : )
If you don't drink beer we may have to take you to one of our secret spots instead.

Wow sorry guys i'm just joking about how i can't be bothered i didn't realise it would cause such a stir i always put punctuation in my work school or not i was jus teasing sorry guys won't happen a again.:( just calm down take a deep breathe :)

sorry-geckoboy

Nurse's uniform and "secret spots" sounds like Territory code for something.....interesting?! Unless your planning to strand me in the bush in a nurse's uniform??

Might be illegal but I think you going to have to hold onto her for more than a few days

As a member of a local wildlife carers org, I'm legally allowed to rehab our wild herps until such time as they can be released (hopefully):)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back