Not your Average afternoon!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
peterescue said:
Gilleni said:
Me too... but i shotgun the RBBS.

???????? :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
What do you actually mean by this? :shock:

It just means he wants first go at the red belly.

You have to keep up with the younger generations lingo peter :wink:

I think he means he bags first hold of the red belly Pete ;)

I've handled a few vens here and there, but I will say if I'd ever been bitten, it'd be due to my own dumb fault. There is a hell of a buzz attached to freehandling these animals, but that's mainly due to tempting fate :lol: Complacency is generally where people come undone IMHO.

Great pics Puglsy :D

pugsly i no of two people that free handeled RBBS and a tiger at a herp meeting. NPWS didnt think it was very clever they had to explain them selfs, and why they should have a license!

do what you want in your own home dont show it in public. yong kids look at this site, they dont nessaserally (spelling) read it they look at pics. young kids copy stuff. just IMO

Probably somewhere around none ?

basketcase said:
i wonder how many ppl think they're going to get bitten... anyone care to take a guess?

You see it was just a matter of time, we agree :lol:

TrueBlue said:
Not a stevens its a broadhead.
Youll get tagged sooner or later, fool.

Just to show we all suffer from a moment of madness this is me many years ago. I don't condone or encourage it, quite frankly it's crazy and saying you trust the owner means nothing, I doubt he was going to bite you. :D
King_Brown.jpg

SLACkra said:
nice shots i love death adders especially the red ones. did he start handling them right after they hatched? i would be interested to know his method? maybe when they are really small he uses the holding them cupped in your hand method so they start associating your smell with being safe, so when you handle them they stay nice and calm.

andrew

Hey, the hand-cave is catching on! I love it! Coco Grace (freaky little Oops) does too. The minute she goes in now she relaxes and falls asleep.

Sorry for going off topic, but I have nothing much to say about free-handling vens. Like rock climbing with no ropes... during an earthquake. I don't get it.

That is one hell of a mullet you had going there, Uncle Boa! :D Is that the moment of madness to which you are refering?? :lol: :wink:

:lol: Yes I think it's a close call between the mullet and the King Brown. :lol:
It was a very long time ago though, they were fashionable then, honest.

reptililian said:
That is one hell of a mullet you had going there, Uncle Boa! :D Is that the moment of madness to which you are refering?? :lol: :wink:

See what a nice guy I am, I'm just trying to take the heat off Pugsly. :lol: I'm big enough, I can take it :cry:

moosenoose said:
You really wouldn't have wanted him to bite you Boa, he might have broken your achy breaky heart ;) hehe (sorry, couldn't resist :))

Mullets are actually back in. I myself sport a "transitional mullet". (Just helping you out with the heat, Uncle Boa!)

That mullet scared me boa....... king brown is hot tho

Do you think this one is stupid?
vens3.jpg

is that you boa in that picture?

Hey, the hand-cave is catching on! I love it! Coco Grace (freaky little Oops) does too. The minute she goes in now she relaxes and falls asleep.

well it would work with the vens. basically: your smell = safety, which would seriously help if you are trying to have a ven that you can free handle. also just wondering did you cool the vens befor handling them? i know if i am handling my python if he had been in the cold areas hes alot easier to handle unlike when hes in the hot areas and hes really alert!

only problem with the cupped hand thing with a newly hatched ven is what if it desides to bite the sides of its strangely warm cave?

andrew

Yes that is me, taken a very long time ago when I was young and stupid, now I am old and stupid.

SLACkra said:
is that you boa in that picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back