Not your Average afternoon!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pugsly said:
Yeah hix, sure did! You comin next time too!?

I've already been to his place a few times.

SLACkra said:
did he start handling them right after they hatched? i would be interested to know his method? maybe when they are really small he uses the holding them cupped in your hand method so they start associating your smell with being safe, so when you handle them they stay nice and calm.

No, Bob gets some as adults and is freehandling some within six weeks.

:p

Hix

Boa,- a mullet like that on a melon like that was NEVER in fashion. :wink:

Hey, I've heard reports about you, I think it's 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'. :lol:

never had a mullet in me life, but Ive got one hell of a ugly melon. :wink:

There you go then. In my defense I didn't sport the mullet for long, still too long though in hindsight. :lol:

Come on Boa, I know that you kept that hellish mullet and had it made into a wig, and when you think no ones looking you just cant help yourself and wear it around the house, Ive also heard confirmed reports of a mullet bearing Ashley Boa doing the grocery shopping at woolies.

:lol: was that thing sewn onto your head....Joe dirt style :lol:

When I got it all cut off the girl doing it asked if I wanted to keep it as it was about 2 feet long, I said no but wish I had now. I could use it to keep my ears warm on these long cold Queensland winter nights.

You must admit this thou Boa, its gone from a thread on handling hot herps to Boas mullet and the mullet seems to be winning, that just goes to show you how extremty frightening that mullet is.

Yes it has taken the heat out of it, maybe I should post the photo of my mullet wrestling an alligator in the Florida Everglades ?

Personally i like seeing pics likes these........it can show people who are ignorant towards snakes and show a total hate for them that these animals are not deserving of the foul reputations they have. I took a friend to see a herp meeting where elapids were free handled and he was in awe. This was a person who use to shoot them. He also said he would never consider handling them the way he was shown. There are risks with everything you do whether it be skydiving, snake handling or scuba diving. We can't make every hobby in the world foolproof or safe for people lacking in common sense. Top pics Steve, i'm still going with you next time.

Simone.

hey pugs you are so taking me too next time im not touching any though hehehe im a chicken but ill come just to see it again hehehe

WOW pugsly you are such a big man, so brave! I'm in awe of your greatness, you really must know what your doing, one question though, if you wanted to show off vens why didn't you take some pics of them on the ground?
Makes sense to me to hold them near your face :roll:
Particularly that death adder, that was so smart, i can't wait until people like you end up in hospital in intensive care, now that would be funny :lol:

BTW Stevo i don't think thats stupid, did they have funny looking scars up the side of their heads :)

dugadugabowbow said:
i can't wait until people like you end up in hospital in intensive care, now that would be funny :lol:

A touch lame that comment :x
If he chooses to free handle vens under the supervision of an experienced keeper then thats his deal. Everything in life is a risk. Thats like saying cos you drive a car I can't wait to see you get in a crash and be in intensive care.

"WOW pugsly you are such a big man, so brave! I'm in awe of your greatness, you really must know what your doing, one question though, if you wanted to show off vens why didn't you take some pics of them on the ground? "

Well thats what I went there for until he asked if I wanted a hold. Its not about being brave mate, I know PLENTY of people who have done this, they stay quiet thats there choice, do I think I am a big man, well 6'3" and 100kg, yeah I probably am. Do I know what I am doing, no, but did I do everything I was told to do, yes.

"Particularly that death adder, that was so smart, i can't wait until people like you end up in hospital in intensive care, now that would be funny."

Ahhh why APS is so unique comments like these.. Sorry I forgot you are the most experienced reptile keeper on earth i forgot my mistake. If me ending up in intensive care is amusing to you, then mate I think you are the one with problems!

On another note, I was going to say this was a very interesting thread and thanks to the contributors bar one person who finds people in intensive care funny.. :shock:

Thanks for the photos too, Love the mullet sensational!

Posting pictures of yourself casually handling a crap load of some of the worlds most deadly elapids and right upto your face in many cases on a site full of young(and even old) and very Naieve(sp?) herpers is not very bright! And you've got to be kidding me if you think a dislamer turns you off, they do nothing, I was once a person who fits the description above, you don't think it'll happen to you and seeing a person calmly and without fail boosts your encouragement to do so.

why is everyone in the photos looking at the camera instead of the potential death sentence in their hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back